20~Penalty

🎤penalty -small doctor. (Btw, I don't listen to small doctor's music but his song penalty just seem so appropriate for this chapter. **evil laughter**)

When you are done with this chapter, I am in my house eating porridge, comman beat me...lol

And wow... Chapter 20. Thank you for walking this journey with me.

Tinu opened her eyes. She was eagle spread on her bed with her duvet half on the bed and the other half on the floor. She stretched as she rose up. The kind of exercise her mother had made her go through in the last three days at the prayer mountain she had never gone through it before. Her whole body ached.

Tinu worried her ear as she sleepily walked down the stairs, almost missing a step and falling.
She scratched her thigh, pulling at her shorts. "Tinu!" she heard her name. Her eyes opened and wiped to the caller. It was Sarah.

"se o n se iraran ni?(are you sleepwalking?) why are you pulling at your shorts? Is this place your toilet?"

Tinu hissed, scratched her head and walked to the kitchen. She met the house keeper cleaning the kitchen surfaces. She was called mummy Titi and she comes twice in a week to clean the house and do other chores. But then, Sarah will always engage Tinu in little chores too.

"Mummy Titi, Good morning" Tinu greeted sleepily, scratching the underside of her breast.
"Tinu, how is you?" mummy Titi said in Jenifa's voice. Ever since Tinu had shown her Jenifa's diaries, she had never failed to say 'how is you' in a day.

"I'm... Fine" Tinu replied, opening the pots. She found a pot of steaming Efo riro. She could see ponmo(cowskin) her mother had gotten from Ijebu-Igbo, yes, Sarah went to Ijebu-Igbo from Lagos to get ponmo. Tinu could see smoked fish, stockfish, locust beans, crayfish.

Tinu's eyes opened and her mouth began to water.

"who made this?" she asked mummy Titi. "Is mummy o," mummy Titi replied. Tinu took a plate and made for the soup spoon.

"Don't try it o," Sarah said behind Tinu. "Ah mummy ooooooh, why na? I am very hungry after making me fast the whole of yesterday."

"Weren't you hissing at me the other time? "

Tinu rolled her eyes. Talk about petty. "I'm sorry ma"

"sorry for yourself"

Tinu bit her lip so as to avoid saying anything in return. "Anyways go and freshen up first."

"Great!" Tinu said, dropped the plate she had picked and stomped out of the kitchen. "Ta n lo gbon di si? (who are you shaking your butt for?)" Sarah asked as Tinu went back upstairs. Just as she entered her room, She was notified of a new message. It was her mom. Tiny sighed.
Sarah had sent a broadcast message on Whatsapp, warning her not to pick some certain numbers and it was the third time she was doing so in two weeks.
Mom, stop sending me this BC. In fact, don't send any BC to me. Tinu typed.

What's wrong with the BC I sent? Sarah replied.

You've sent it thrice already. It's cool. I won't pick strange calls.

Sarah replied with thumbs down emoji. Tinu shook her head. She dropped her phone and pulled off her top.

Her phone beeped again.

Tiny rolled her eyes again, expecting it to be her mom but it was not.

It was a foreign number.

Tiny opened the message and read. Then she frowned as she replied.
***

Kemi watched in awe as the woman in the video brought out the cake she had made from the oven. It looked so delicious that Kemi's mouth began to water. "Bisi, cooking is fun o" Kemi said, smiles gracing her lips. They were in the kitchen and Bisi was making plantain porridge; Peter's favourite.