16~BIBI

|That's Bianca up there|

Dedicated to _dawrites chiomachris GiftPaul3

Steve inhaled as he stepped into the house. Ah! Adaobi is working wonders in the kitchen again..

Just as he stepped into the living area, he spotted someone sitting on the three seater and reading a magazine. Her head was bent and her face was covered with her hair.

Who is this one?

His thoughts were answered when his mother, Christina, entered the room. She was elegantly dressed in a blue kaftan with floral slippers gracing her nicely pedicured toes.

"ah! Steve, you're back..." she said as she sat on the seat facing the guest. The guest looked up and it was a very beautiful fair girl.

"uhm...mom...good afternoon.." steve said as he juggled the car keys with him. He had left the house quite early. "good afternoon oh, Mr Okonkwo, that's how you ran away early this morning"

Steve fought the urge to roll his eyes. Ran away kwa?

"had a few errands that needed my attention" steve muttered.

Christina nodded then she said, her eyes gleaming. "Do you remember Bibi?" her eyes motioned to the said Bibi, the guest.
"uhm...nope" Steve answered honestly. "ah, Bibi, you don't remember Bibi ke?"

Steve almost replied her, " no o, its cee-c i know" but he said, "no, mom"

The way Christina stared at him made him uncomfortable. "Bianca Odogwu. My friend's daughter. The one you used to play with when you were little, that you cried the day she left for the States." Christina said as if not remembering Bianca was a sin.

Steve rolled his eyes at his mom's words. He didn't remember crying for any girl.

"nope, I don't" Steve said again. "but its nice knowing you are back from the States" he said to Bianca.

Bianca smiled, her dimples evident. She was so beautiful and her skin was glowing like the sun. "Thank you. Got back few days ago. You look great Steve. It's been so long."

Steve shrugged, smiling tightly. He needed to go to his room and call Ngozi to update her on the conference.

"I can't believe you are the little boy I used to play with then. Wow." Bianca said, laughing. "Yeah, yeah, we all grow right? Look at you too..." Steve replied.

Bianca smiled.

"Uhm...its nice meeting you again. See you around." Steve said.

Bianca nodded, her smile faint.

Steve was sure he had seen displeasure in his mother's eyes but then other things needed to be done.

Getting to the kitchen, he 'stole' some of the dodo Adaobi was frying and ran out but not before hearing Adaobi's threat to smear his shirt with groundnut oil and successfully evading the hit of the spoon she had been using to take the fried plantain.

He ran to his room while still humming to himself. He had stripped into his casual shirt and three quarter trousers and was about to call Ngozi while lying comfortable on his bed when he heard a knock on his door.

"yeahhh" he answered lazily. He had not even said 'who is that' or 'come in' when his mom burst into his room.

"Come and take Bianca out" she said suddenly.

"what?"

What's this woman saying now?

"I already told her you would take her out when you came back. Now get your lazy butt out here...."

"ah, mom. Oooooooh" Steve groaned. "You didn't even ask if i had any plans of my own..." he complained.

"what are you doing now?" Christina asked, snickering.  "resting" steve scowled.

"abeg get up jare, you this bush boy." Christina said, arms akimbo.

Steve rolled his eyes. " and what does that make you, sweet mother....bush woman? Or bush mommy?" he asked sweetly.

"Ehn!" Christina smacked him right on the head and moved towards the door. "be fast dear, she is waiting" she closed the door firmly but silently behind her.

Steve groaned as he laid back on his bed.

Gosh! He couldn't believe he would be tied to one Bianca Odogwu this afternoon. The prospect didn't amuse him at all.

At all.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Who likes beautiful Bibi?

Please remember to vote for this chapter, comment and recommend this book.

Love you guys lots.
Ciao.