28~in my feelings

"What do you mean by you just said?" Aminat had a puzzled look on her face. Aishat shrugged. "That was what he said."

"He is definitely wrong. Cynthia is one of the nicest girls to me in school and Sharon can't even hurt a fly. She is too timid." Aminat exclaimed, throwing a pillow across the room.

"Well, timid chameleons eat flies, Aishat 'yar'uwar" Aishat said, shrugging again.

"We need to tell this to father." Aminat said. A hurt look had replaced the puzzled look on her face. Aishat nodded and they both left the room.

Aishat recounted all what Bingo had told her.

Bingo had taken her to school garden and explained all he needed to. "I overheard Cynthia and Sharon discussing you and your sister yesterday. They were also paying off a junior boy telling to shut his mouth. But they never said anything about the letter." Bingo had said.

Aishat was stunned for a minute. She knew the Cynthia girl. Always sneaking around her sister and was nice and all. Too nice and Aishat could not stand her. It was a kind of niceness she could see through.

"Are you sure about this?" Aisha had whispered.

Bingo rolled her eyes.

"Are you sure? I know you like Cynthia so I don't understand what this is about."

"Puh-lease. I don't do bitches and creeps... And besides this isn't about what I like but knowing I have the capability of being able to help someone and protecting them." Bingo had said smugly and Aishat rolled her eyes. Protector huh?

"Aishat! Are you sure about this?" Malls Duvet asked, his eyes darting back and front between his two girls.

Aishat nodded eagerly.

"We will talk to your school head tomorrow."
***

The bell rang again and Tinu almost tripped while running down the stairs to get the door. "Jesus Christ! Keep your pants on! This is a home bell not a restaurant bell where you sit in the VIP area and ring the bell anyhow whenever you need attention. Nigerians are so disrespectful. Go to someone's house and ring the bell as if you didn't have toys when little." Tinu grumbled and ranted to herself.

She looked through the peephole and saw flowers. Kileleyi?

Angrily, she opened the door and opened the door and the person behind the flowers carefully lowered the flowers from his face.

It was Lanre.

"Ta-da!"

Tinu did not even smile. What's doing this one?

"Hi tinu!" He greeted cheerfully.

"What do you want?" Tinu asked through gritted teeth. She kept the door close to herself.

"Come on, Atinukeola." Labre Saïd softly.

Ehn?

Tinu looked sideways for who he was talking to. The last time a guy called her name in full, she had been drugged and would have probably been raped.

Tinu smiled sarcastically. "Please leave."

Lanre opened his mouth to speak but Sarah who was coming out of the kitchen to the living area spoke up behind Tinu. "Tinu, who is there?"

"Leave!" She half whispered, half shouted at Lanre who was looking confused at the door and then she turned to her mother and smiled, "no one, mom. Just a rand-" she had not finished talking when Sarah opened the door wide herself. There stood Lanre, eyes wide.