11~Man Up

Please tag at least four of your friends to read this story here(in the in-line comment). Thanks dearies.

"Bisi, why didn't you go to school today?" Kemi asked as she watched Bisi stir the soup on fire. "No classes today ma" Bisi replied.

Kemi nodded. "Bisi, I know I don't tell you often but Thank you for making I and my husband proud every time"

Bisi smiled. "You help me in a lot of ways, ma. The only way I can repay you is by being good to you and doing well in my studies and chores."

Bisi was a part-time student in the university where Peter lectures.

"Aren't you going home to visit your mom again?" Kemi asked and sat on the kitchen stool. "I will. All I wait for is your permission."

"When do you want to go?" Kemi asked, picked a red apple from the bowl and bit into it. "It depends ma, but I'd like to go on Friday so I can return Monday morning latest."

"ok. I need your help on something...maybe when you get back sha" Kemi said, still munching on her apple.

"No problem ma. The soup is ready. Should I put your husband's own on the casserole dish and leave it on the table?"
"Erm..yes...i mean no. Let me do it myself."

Kemi set the table, placing the vegetable soup and Amala (Yam Flour) on the table. She was placing the water jug on the table when she heard the door open and close.

"I think Uncle is home..." Bisi said and went to welcome Peter. Kemi took in a deep breath and placed a hand on her chest. Her heart was beating rapidly. She stepped into the living area. "Welcome home," she greeted, her voice was levelled and distant. Peter looked at her as if assessing her and grunted his response.

"Your food is ready. Just go and freshen up." Kemi said, looking at everywhere but him. She collected his brief case from Bisi who was watching them cautiously.

Kemi rushed up the stairs and entered their room. Her heart was beating fast. She looked around the room.

What will he say when he sees the room neat and tidy?
He would probably think Bisi took care of it.

Kemi sighed and placed his briefcase on the nightstand. As she turned to leave, the door opened and Peter came inside.

Kemi swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat. She made to leave the room but was held back at the elbow by Peter. She turned back but she didn't meet his eyes. She was surprised he was touching her. Peter released her as if burned. "We need to talk..." He was looking above her head. Kemi nodded, wrapping her hands around herself.

She looked at him a moment longer. He turned away and began to unbutton his shirt. Kemi turned away and left, no, fled the room.
***

Peter felt as though the walls were closing on him. He massaged the sides of his head to calm the raging headache that was slowly creeping up on him. He sighed and laid on the bed. Then he noticed the room was quite tidy.

Bisi has tidied up this room. Bless her. He thought.

His thought drifted towards his wife again. He knew he had hurt her terribly earlier. How could he have said those terrible things? He felt so guilty speaking terribly to her.

He had to set her free.

He had hurt her way too much, in words and actions. Peter knew he lacked brain to mouth filter when he was annoyed or nervous. He could not blame Kemi for checking his phone. His actions had given her so many reasons to doubt him. He had been so distant and he knew she was hurting.

It all started when she lost the baby. He had been so scared. He had never been so scared in his life. He almost lost her.

Then he shut himself off.

He couldn't imagine losing her to the cold claws of death. He had almost did. She had lost lots of blood.

It was a defense mechanism. He just closed into his shell. He didn't want to hurt her but instead he was hurting her more, with his actions and inactions.

This resulted into distance between them, growing wilder till it grew into a deep gully.

He had to set her free. She needed to be happy. He knew he was hurting her real bad. She needed to be happy, she deserved to be happy.

Divorce was the answer.

....
Your thoughts on this........????
Please don't forget to tag your amazing friends to read this book..

Remember to vote!
Your vote counts! (it feels like I'm doing political campaign lol)