9~The meet

This chapter is dedicated to PricelessMasson_ and oluwatimileyin11 you guys are so amazing. Thank You so much. I appreciate your kind gestures.

Song::: Simi- Gone For Good (why? Because i love this song...in fact gan, m listening to it now)

"Aisha 'yar'uwar, do you remember the girl we saw in the resturant last week?" Amina asked, her eyes twinkling. Aisha chuckled. "That one that was forming as if she could eat Salad." Amina laughed.

"I still can't forget the look on her face when she put the first spoon in her mouth. That look was just so priceless. For a moment, I thought she would puke."

Aisha shook her head. "I just hate it when people try to be what they are not. I am sure if it was jollof she ordered, she would have relished it. She just wasted her money."

"Anyway, that's her busi--" Amina trailed off when she heard noise from the room above theirs.

"Mijina, I'm sorry but I can't take it anymore. You are never around. You are always busy. Our children need you. I need you." Zahra, their mother was screaming at the top of her voice.
Both sisters were shocked. They turned their head and stared at each other.

Their mother had never raised her voice to their father before. She was always compliant and submissive. It was certain that she had been pushed to the wall before she could voice out like that.

"Zahra. We are both guilty of this and you know it. Just like I'm not always around, you also are never there. You also travel, every time." Mallam Dubey retorted but in a gentler tone.

"That's because you are never there, Mijina." Zahra answered in a softer tone too.

Aisha and Amina could hear muffling of sobs and shuffling of feet, then silence. They were probably hugging, they both thought and looked at themselves then they shrugged together.
***

"Mary, Mary! Wait!" Charles jogged as he called Mary who kept on walking and ignoring him. He placed his hand on her shoulder and stopped her. Mary brushed off his hand. "Charles, leave me alone" Mary said, moving away.

Charles moved in front of her and stopped her.  He was surprised to see tears in her eyes. She quickly blinked them back but he had seen it.

"Mary please listen to me." Charles pleaded.
"And why should I listen to you? You made me look like a fool, Charles."

"I'm sorry, Mary. I never meant to." Charles pleaded again. "You don't know how sorry I am. I don't wanna lose our friendship please." He added.

"But well, you did. You should have thought about that before making me a laughing stock amidst your friends. Oh, you had thought maybe I wouldn't find out, right? You deceitful snake!" She snarled and walked away in anger.

Charles rubbed his palm over his face as he watched her go. Probably out of his life.

Charles wished he never said what he had said that night three weeks ago. He had a guys' night out with his roommates, he was drunk and gisting with his friends when they started talking about ladies in their department.

"All those girls are always funny to me. There was even one i saw sef, her eyebrow was like eagle wings. I thought the thing will fly sef..." Bode, one of his friends said.

"haha...bode! Exaggeration aye!"  Charles said laughed.

"Ehnehn, guy, how far with that your babe?" Bode asked.

"which babe did u give me?" Charles asked, looking at Bode pointedly.

"That ibo girl na. Okonko...ehnehn...Mary okonko"

"Mr. Man, its okonkwo, not okonko, abeg."

"leave that one jare. You don finish work? That girl hot oo..."

Charles laughed. "me wey just dey wait to enter, you know..." he winked and belched.

"My guy!!!" The guys were still hailing. They didn't know when Mary moved closer, took a cold beverage from table and dumped the contents on Charles' head and left.

"Bode, na wetin na?" Charles shouted, his eyes closed. The guys were silent. He opened his eyes. "guy, how far na?"

"Charles, no be me o." Bode said.
"Na who?" Charles said, lunging at him. "woss, na your Mary jare. She don para o. Her nose and ears don dey comot smoke gan. If you see am, you go run"

Charles' head cleared immediately. Doomed was the word that came to his mind. He had only said it to jeer at the guys. He didn't mean it. He respected Mary.

When he messaged her because she won't pick his calls or see him, she told him, "One gets the actual truth when one is joking."

Charles didn't know the extent of what he had done until he heard one of his friends had tried to harass Mary.
Charles received the sharp end of it. Mary had walked up to him and spew insults on him, telling him it was all his fault.

Charles sighed as he turned back dejectedly and walked away to his hall. He didn't know what else to do.
***

"What do you mean the card is expired?" Ngozi asked, getting out if the car. She looked at the fuel attendant through dark sunglasses.

"Abi your P.O.S is not working again? There's money in my account na." She said, frowning and removing her glasses. "Give it to me" She collected the ATM card and checked it.

"oh damn, I took the expired one." She sighed and brought out her phone. "I am so sorry for this." She apologised to the attendant who nodded.

She was dialing her mom's number when she felt someone stand beside her. "What's wrong? Is there any problem?" The person said.

Ngozi shivered as she raised her head.

Steve Okonkwo.

Her eyes widened as his own met hers even through his sunglasses.

.....
Who enjoyed this chapter??

Me!

What's your views on what Charles did? Do you think it's fair Mary isn't talking to him?

What would you have done if you had heard what Charles said?
Who would do what Mary did? Or you just quietly leave and goan cry at home? *sniff

Look those who met!
Ngozi and Steve!

Is that a ship I am seeing over there?

Tag your friends to read!

Remember to vote and comment!
Your thoughts mean a lot to me.

Ciao.