19~Trust???

Just felt like putting that up there.
This chapter is for YOU. Thanks for reading.

"Go and stand in that corner," Mallam Dubey pointed to a place in the main living room. Aminat  glared at him before complying, grumbling under her breath. Zahra walked into the living room. "mijina, wane hali faruwa?(My husband, what's happening?)"

"Aminat, my own daughter was caught cheating in the exam hall!" Mallam Dubey replied with distaste.
"Aminat!!" Zahra shouted.
"No, mother. I didn't do it" Aminat protested, tears glistening in her eyes. Aishat peeked from her doorway.

"Yes, you didn't. A ghost sneaked into your exam hall and put textbooks in your locker." Mallam Dubey shouted, his Hausa accent becoming more poignant.

Aminat pouted, her fists clenching. "I said I did not do it! It might as well have been a ghost!" Aminat yelled back. Before she could spell ghost, Mallam Dubey had landed on her face a resounding slap.

Aminat's eyes rotated.

"Never in your life should you yell at me again!" Mallam Dubey shouted,  his hand was shaking. He was surprised at himself. He had never hit any of his daughters before.

He made to leave. His head was pounding. He was sweaty and tired. All he needed at that moment was just to rest but something Aminat said stopped him.
"I will never be like mum who remains compliant at your aloofness. I will speak my mind!"

Zahra's eyes widened. Mallam Dubey turned. "What did you say?"

"Mijina..."Zahra started softly.

Mallam Dubey did not answer. The anger in his eyes scared Zahra.

Amina fidgeted with her uniform. She was afraid. She had never seen her dad so angry before.
Mallam Dubey moved towards her and poked her head with his index finger.

"Your mother is not compliant because she is stupid or cannot speak her mind. She is compliant because she is bent on being a good example to you. She is a peace maker. And for your information, little girl, she is never afraid to air her views whenever we are alone. And when she does, she shows it with utmost respect and that's why I love and respect her. And that is why there will never be any woman like her. So therefore, young lady, you will refrain from saying such insolent words in this house again."

Aminat's lips wobbled. "I really did not do it papa. I was shocked when I saw it too in my locker. How could I have opened my locker to cheat with a teacher right beside my table?"

Mallam Dubey was silent. Zahra was silent. Aishat who was watching from her doorway was silent. Everyone was silent.

Silence.

After the pregnant silence, Mallam Dubey spoke up. "Remain here."
***

Mary entered the Coke Bar and heaved a sigh. She was just returning from the gym and wanted to get a bottle of water. She wondered why the place was called Coke Bar when different drinks apart from Coke were sold there. Naija.

She shrugged and turned her head. Then she saw him. Charles. He was sitting at a table wearing a gym attire too and staring at his phone. It was obvious his mind was not there.

She turned away and her phone rang.
She removed it from her pant pocket and saw His Royal Stupidity calling.
Charles.

Her head turned to him and she saw how pensive he was, like he might burst any minute. Mary walked up to where he was and waved her phone over his face. "Hello, I remember telling you not to call me anymore."

Charles was confused at first then his eyes widened. "Mary, " he whispered. He had dark circles under his eyes and worry lines on his forehead. "Mary, I am sorry" he blurted out.

"Yeah, you are" Mary said and left to buy her bottle of water. While buying, she looked over her shoulder at him and saw him with his head bent.

She got her bottle and left the bar. She had not moved far when she heard footsteps behind her.

Gosh

"Sorry, y-you dropped your earpiece." Charles said, handling her earpiece to her. "Okay, thank you." She collected it and turned away.

Then she saw roughly jerked back by a hand on her shoulder. Before she could utter royal stupidity, she was enveloped in a bone-crushing hug.

Mary hit Charles' back repeatedly but he didn't let her go. She then just stayed there, not returning the hug.

"I really miss you, Mary. I miss our friendship. I can't talk shit to my guys, they don't understand half of what I say. You are the only one that gets me. Please, Mary, Please. I'm sorry."

Mary melted inside but held her strong demeanor outwardly. "O-kay. I can't breathe... Release me..."

Charles released her, looking at everywhere but her.
Mary tapped her fingers and pointed to her face. "The face of the girl you just bone-crushingly hug is up here."

Charles looked at her.

"You smell like hell, you buffalo. Go have a bath jare."Mary said laughing awkwardly.

"you forgive me?"

"Have you said hail Mary thirty times?" Mary replied him.

"Ah!" Charles shook his head.
"Thanks, Mary. You don't know how miserable this past weeks have been. I really missed you. I will definitely make it up to you."

Mary nodded. She felt as though a heavy weight had just been lifted off her shoulders.

"Yeah, you will." Mary smirked. Then they walked off into the sunrise with Charles' arm around Mary and Mary punching his stomach while laughing.

.....
Early momo update people!!
I was supposed to do this yesterday buh guess I was just... Lazy.. Hian

Do you think Aminat is telling the truth? Do you think Mallam Dubey was too harsh on her?

Your thoughts on His royal stupidity and our hanty Mary...

Weeeeelll, see you soon and don't forget to
•vote
•comment
•share
•recommend
...this book if you like it.

Love you lots,
Ciao.