Ch. 2

"T-They...recently....passed away... I'm so sorry Naruto." Itachi finally said.

   Sasuke's face turned to a look of shock as did Naruto's. Itachi winced as Naruto's face twisted in pain.

"W-What do you mean they passed away? They were p-perfectly fine! That's what the doctors said! They shouldn't have died! Tell me Itachi that this is just a joke! Tell me!!" Naruto shouted with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Unfortunately, I am not lying." Itachi said.

"Naruto...are you...ok...?" Sasuke asked hesitantly.

"I just want some time alone." His voice trembled as he walked out of Sasuke's room.

"Nii-san, it's....it's not really true, is it?" Sasuke asked.

   Even though they weren't his actual parents, he felt like they were. They were so nice to him and treated him as if he was their son as well. Hearing news that they passed away causes him a lot of pain as well.
   Tears started to slip down his cheeks as he let the words sink in. Just around the same time, they heard a heart-wrenching cry come from Naruto's room as well.

"It's a day of mourning as the people who were so dear to us has left this world. Go Sasuke. Go comfort your now little brother." Itachi patted his back and left the room.

   Sasuke wipes the tears from his face and headed towards Naruto's room.

"Do-Naruto...may I come in?" Sasuke knocked.

"I-I..." The rest of Naruto's sentence was cut off by his sobs.

   He took that as a yes and walked over to him. He wrapped a comforting arm around Naruto and told him to let it all out.

"Sasuke...I thought I would see them again...just one more time..." Naruto cried harder.

   Sasuke didn't know what to say. He's never seen the dobe so heartbroken before and he is not exactly the type of person who can comfort others so easily.

"Naruto...I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say." Sasuke stroked Naruto's hair.

"I-It's fine. Just don't leave me." Naruto said in between hiccups.

   Sasuke continued to stroke his hair and pat his back as comfortingly as he could. Soon Naruto's sniffling turned into even breathing.

"Naruto?"

   Sasuke smiled lightly and laid Naruto down on the bed. He tucked him in and was about to leave, but Naruto's hand reached out and grabbed his sleeve.

"Don't leave..." Naruto murmured in his sleep.

"Dobe." Sasuke muttered under his breath and got in the bed with him. 

In the morning

"Ah! What are you doing here!?" A startled blonde called out.

"Hn...shut up dobe. I'm trying to sleep." The annoyed raven grumbled.

"Go sleep in your own room then!" The blonde tried to push the raven off the bed.

   Sasuke just wrapped his arms around the struggling blonde and fell asleep again.

"Sasuke...!" Naruto whined.

"Usuratonkachii...just go back to sleep." He murmured, while dozing off again.

   Naruto sighed in defeat and closed his eyes again. 'Why is he here again?' He thought.

FLASHBACK
"Your parents passed away..."
"Are you okay Naruto...?"
"Don't worry. Your parents will come back!"
"They passed away..."
"Sasuke, I thought I would see them again..."
"I'm so sorry...."
"Don't leave me....."
END OF FLASHBACK

   Naruto's eyes were prickled by stinging tears again. Sasuke felt Naruto's body trembling beneath him and he knew exactly why.

"Shh... Naruto.. It's okay. I've got you now. Itachi nii-san is here too and also mom and dad. We're all here for you. Don't you forget that. Don't cry." Sasuke tried to comfort him.

   His grip around Naruto tightened a bit.

"Sasuke...t-thank you..." Naruto managed to say.

Sasuke grinned a bit. "Anytime for my little bro."

"And I need my two little brothers to get up. It's time to eat." The older raven's voice interrupted them.

"Ok." They both said and got out of bed. 

After breakfast 

"Naruto, the funeral will be held in a week from here. I just wanted to let you know that." Sasuke's mother smiled sadly at him.

"Thank you for telling me." Naruto nodded and went up the stairs with Sasuke.

   They entered Sasuke's room and sat on the bed.

"It's kind of funny." Naruto started off.

"What is?"

"We were talking about how my parents would get through this and then they passed away while we were having that conversation." Naruto casually said.

"Naruto, are you okay?" Sasuke became a bit worried about him.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. It's just, now that I think about it, it was a weird coincidence." He chuckled softly.

"I guess it was..."

"Am I a bothersome to you?" Naruto suddenly asked.

Sasuke chuckled slightly. "At times you are very annoying, but you are never a bothersome to me. I guess if I thought about it, I wouldn't know what to do without you. Am I to you?"

"Never. I think you're the only one who can really understand me." Naruto looked down at the floor.

"So strange..confessing to each other that we never hated one another." Sasuke chuckled again.

"Teme, don't think that I'll be nice to you from now on!" Naruto pointed his finger towards him.

"Same goes for me, but let's not ruin the moment right now." Sasuke lowered Naruto's finger.

   A silence passed over for a few minutes, until Sasuke broke it.

"I have something to tell you."

"Please don't be bad news again." Naruto groaned.

"I don't know if it'll be good or bad news to you, but I have to tell you. You need to know."

"What is it?"

   Naruto was a bit afraid of what Sasuke was going to say. He's just hoping it's not bad.

"I'm going to...."