Chapter 8

Naruto's POV

   It's been a few months now. I was able to settle in nicely because of Kiba. He was a pretty nice guy. He showed me where everything was, introduced me to some of his friends-which some of them are my friends too now- and the best part of it is that we're roommates!

"Naruto! Since it's the weekend, let's go to Konoha Park with a few other friends." Kiba suggested to Naruto.

   They were both sitting in their room. Naruto was on his phone sending text messages to Sasuke, who still hasn't replied, and Kiba was doodling puppies in his notebook.

"Sure, that sounds great! It'll give us some fresh air." Naruto smiled and jumped off the bed.

"I'll call Lee, Neji, Shikamaru, and Choji. We'll meet you downstairs." Kiba yelled while running down the hall to the other boys' dorms.

   Naruto started towards the stairwell and climbed down all the way to the first floor.

I...really...need to...exercise....

"Uzumaki Naruto?" A voice called out from behind.

"Yes?" He turned.

   There was a old man that had long spiky white hair, red streak marks on his cheeks, who wore a Japanese traditional style clothing.
   Naruto scrunched his face up as he scanned the old man.

"Who are you?" He questioned.

"I shall tell you my true identity!" He started to hop around on one foot with his hands outstretched, "I am the man who has no flaws, not even God can deny it! The white-haired amazing sage, even a crying baby stares in awe...The great Jiraiya! That is me!! Jiraiya!"

   Naruto stared at him with a look of confusion and walked past him to the doors that led outside.

"Wait! Please wait!" Jiraiya called out.

"Weirdo!" Naruto stuck his tongue out and ran out of the building. "Follow me and I'll call the cops!" 

   Naruto ran all the way to the park (that was 10 minutes away) without stopping to catch his breath. When he arrived he saw Kiba and the rest of the boys waiting with their bikes next to them.

"Naruto, what are you doing?" Shikamaru asked with a look of confusion written on his face. 

"Some weird old geezer came up to me at school. Just in case he tried following me, I ran without stopping." Naruto was breathing heavily as he plopped down onto the grass. 

"Weird old geezer? What'd he look like?" Neji asked. 

"His hair was all spiky in the back, just like a porcupine, and was white. He wore this traditional Japanese looking outfit with sandals that look like high heels? He looked like a real pervert too." Naruto quickly described him. 

"Naruto, you idiot. That 'weird old geezer ' is one of the world's smartest people. Without his knowledge we wouldn't have almost half the stuff we have right now." Neji explained. 

"Ehhhh?! Really!? That's pretty unbelievable." Naruto scratched the back of his head. 

"Naruto! You blew a perfect chance for your future. What a waste of your youth!" Lee cried out. 

"Who cares? Let's eat!" Choji chimed. 

Naruto sighed, "You guys, what if he comes up to me again??" 

"Then just run the opposite direction, simple. Now let's stop talking about this troublesome topic." Shikamaru yawned from boredom. 

"Yes! Let us start with a warmup of 500 laps around this park!" Lee suggested enthusiastically. 

"Are you crazy??" Naruto's eyes widened. 

"Oh, you're absolutely right Naruto! We must do 500 laps on our hands! You're a genius!" Lee exclaimed. 

   Naruto's and Choji's mouths dropped in shock. 

"Heh. If you want to do 500 laps you have to catch me first!" Naruto threw his phone next to the tree before taking off. 

"Naruto! That's not fair!" Lee chased after him. 

"Ha ha! Let's go!" Kiba  yelled while running after the two boys. 

   Shikamaru and Neji looked at each other before running after them with Choji running behind. All afternoon the boys played as if they were little children once again. 

   In the meantime: 

Naruto's Phone Screen:

Bzzt. Bzzt. Bzzt. Incoming call from Itachi...

Itachi: Naruto, as soon as you see this, call me back. It's an emergency. I'll tell you everything when we talk, just know that something has happened and Sasuke will have to join us at home as well. Please call again.