Ch. 6

Naruto's POV

Konoha High...why...WHY IS IT SO BIG?!?

   The building looked more like a 20 story mansion, instead of a regular standard school.
   Naruto stood in front of the school, his mouth wide open in shock.

"Hey! You should probably close your mouth before bugs start flying in." A pink-haired girl approached him.

"Huh? Oh! I didn't mean to, it's just, wow! Why is this school so big?" Naruto questioned.

"Well, many students attend this academy, we can't have thousands of students and a small building. Don't you think?" She smiled.

"Uh, right... I'm Naruto by the way." He stuck his hand out.

"Sakura." She smiled, but didn't shake his hand.

   Without another word she started to climb the marble steps up to the wooden doors at the top. Naruto hurriedly followed up after her. He could already sense the hostility from the girl.

"I'll show you to Principal Sarutobi. He'll tell you everything you need to know." She smiled again while explaining.

"Yeah thanks." Naruto smiled back.

   She led him down a hallway and into a small office where they met a person up at the front.

"Haruno Sakura, why are you here?" The man in the chair asked.

"I'm here to lead Naruto to the principal to get his schedule." She replied.

"Naruto?" He glanced at me, "Ah, the transfer student."

"Yes, sir. Now may we go?" Naruto noticed Sakura's eyebrow twitch slightly in annoyance.

"Go ahead."

   She took Naruto into another office room where he spotted an old man with a pipe sitting behind a desk.

"Ahem! Mr. Sarutobi! He's here!" She announced.

"Yes, thank you Sakura. You may go for now." He responded, without looking at her.

   She rolled her eyes before leaving.

"Uzumaki Naruto? Correct?" His head was still down.

"Yes, sir."

"Please have a seat." He motioned to a chair in front of the desk.

An awkward silence settled over them. Naruto started to fidget in his seat as the silence stretched on. Right as Naruto was about to say something, the principal spoke.

"Naruto, 12 years old. You're transferring from America. Your parents are dead, so you were adopted into the Uchiha family. Am I right so far?"

"Yes, sir."

   Another silence descended on them.

"Alright, here's your schedule and your room number is 16. Dorms are on the 10th floor, your classrooms are on the 6th floor. Cafeteria is on the 8th floor. I'm sure you'll do just fine Naruto. Good luck." He smiled before returning to his papers.

Jeez, I don't even know where the stairs or elevator is. How am I supposed to-

   Naruto found himself on the ground with a throbbing butt.

"Oh sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." A boy with upside down red triangles on his cheeks said.

"Yeah. That hurt. Uh, you okay?" Naruto got up with the help of the boy.

"I'm fine. You new?"

"Yeah, can you help me?"

"Sure! I'll take you to the dorms first. Oh I'm Kiba by the way." He stuck his hand out.

"Naruto." He shook it with a smile.

"I'll take you up then. This school is big, but it's actually quite simple as to where everything is. You'll get used to the size quickly too, and ....."

Is Sasuke okay in his school? I wonder how he's doing...