Ch. 4

First Time Meeting

Naruto was a shy 5 year old who was hiding behind his mother.

"Naruto. Go greet your new friend!" His mother urged him.

"Kaa-san, I don't want to!" Naruto refused.

"Naruto, if you go over there you will get a good reward." His father chimed in.

Naruto's small face lit up. He immediately went over to the small raven, who was also hiding behind his mother.

"Hello." Naruto stuck his hand out.

'He looks like an idiot.' Sasuke thought. "Don't talk to me." He said coldly.

"Sasuke! You should be nicer to him. You know you two will be good friends for a while." Sasuke's mother patted both of their heads.

"We'll be back. Don't cause mischief here." Sasuke's father warned as he took his wife's hand and led them towards Naruto's parents.

"What's your name?" An older looking boy walked up to them.

"Uzumaki Naruto! What's yours?" He said with a huge smile on his face.

"Uchiha Itachi. I am Sasuke's older brother." He smiled as he pointed at the younger raven.

"Nii-san! I can introduce myself!" Sasuke pouted.

"Sorry Sasuke. I thought you'd be too shy to do it yourself." Itachi chuckled.

"Sasuke, let's be good friends?" Naruto stuck his hand out again.

"Hn..I'm only doing this because Kaa-san and Tou-chan told me to." Sasuke said and shook Naruto's hand.

'He's not very nice! I don't like him!' Naruto thought.
Itachi crouched in between the two of the younger boys.

"You two will probably be closer than brothers when you get older!"

"Not with him!" They both said at the same time.

"Sure." Itachi smirked.

"Hmph!" They both turned around.

"You guys are so cute!" Itachi cooed.

"Nii-san!! Stop it!" Sasuke pouted.

"Okay okay, but only if you two play together for the time being." Itachi replied.

"Fine with me." Naruto smiled.

"Okay." Sasuke agreed reluctantly.

Naruto ran toward the kids playground and climbed up on top. Sasuke followed him and climbed up next to him.

"What do you like to do?" Naruto asked.

"I don't like anything in particular."

"You're not that fun. I like a lot of stuff! Like ramen and playing outside and having lots of friends!" Naruto laughed.

"How many friends do you have then?" Sasuke asked. 'How can he have that many friends when he's a loud annoying kid?" He thought.

"U-Umm... well I didn't say I had lots of friends, I just said that I'd like lots of friends." Naruto put his head down.

'That's what I thought.' "Never mind about that." Sasuke changed the subject. For some reason, he didn't like seeing the dobe all sad like that.

"Let's go down the slide!!" Naruto pushed Sasuke towards the tube slide.

"Wait! I don't want to!" Sasuke spread his arms out to stop himself from going in.

"Eh? Go in! Inside! Go inside!!" Naruto tried pushing Sasuke in.

"Baka! Stop it! I don't want to slide down in this!" Sasuke yelled.

"Just go in! I'm right behind you!" Naruto heaved a final push and they both tumbled down the slide.

"Ahhh!!!!" They were screaming as they went down the slide.

They crashed onto the floor with Sasuke on the bottom and Naruto on top, but something wasn't right.
Sasuke blushed furiously and pushed Naruto off forcefully.

"Dobe!!! What was that for?!" Sasuke yelled while wiping his mouth.

"Teme! It's not like I intended for us to do that!" Naruto was also wiping his mouth.

"Oh my. I knew you'd get along, but I didn't know you guys would get all lovey dovey with each other." Itachi chuckled.

They both blushed and turned away from each other.

"It was an accident." Naruto muttered.

"Don't talk about this ever again!" Sasuke yelled.

"I got that! I wouldn't want to talk about it either." Naruto yelled back.

"Now now, silly children. Let's stop arguing, shall we?" Itachi emphasized the word silly angrily. He didn't want to hear two 5 year olds arguing right there.

Naruto whimpered slightly in fear of the older raven's glare, so did Sasuke.

"Yes." They said and took off away from him.

"I don't like your brother." Naruto said.

"He's just a bit scary, that's all."

"Naruto! Sasuke! It's time to go!" Their parents shouted.

They both ran towards their parents quickly.

"Say goodbye Sasuke." His mother said.

"Bye, dobe..." Sasuke muttered.

"Hmph, good bye teme." Naruto replied.

Naruto's father chuckled. "Looks like they got along just fine."

All of the adults laughed at his joke.

"Don't worry. They'll get along well eventually." Sasuke's father chimed in.

"Goodbye Naruto. It was nice seeing you." Itachi ruffled Naruto's hair while smiling.

"It was nice to meet you too." Naruto grumbled.

"Goodbye! We'll see you guys soon!" Naruto's parents waved goodbye.

The families walked off in opposite directions to their homes.

"Tou-chan, what's my reward?" Naruto asked his father eagerly.

"Your reward is a new best friend." He replied with a smile.

"Hmph." Naruto pouted with a look of disappointment.

"Naruto, you'll realize it sooner or later." His father laughed.

End of Scene

"It was a rough start." Naruto laughed.

"Yeah, I guess it was, but we were practically forced to become friends." Sasuke chuckled.

"Right, we were! They arranged so many play dates for us and even sleepovers!! It was unbelievable." Naruto continued laughing.

"It was nice, I guess." Sasuke nodded his head.

"Ne, Sasuke...I'm gonna miss you. Don't make fun of me! This is hard just saying this." Naruto looked down.

Sasuke grinned. "I'll miss you too dobe, but we'll see each other again."

"Yeah, in like 4 years.."

Sasuke put his arm around Naruto's neck and pulled him in.

"It seems like a long time, but those 4 years will pass quickly. Don't worry about it." Sasuke's face got closer to Naruto's....