five

"drowning in tears"

He hadn't slept for days

He hadn't slept for days. He was never in the mood for food or he just hadn't had time. He hadn't took a shower for more than a week.

The friends of Leon and Violetta were worried. Of course about Violetta, she hadn't opened her eyes yet. But now also about Leon, he stopped taking care of himself and stayed by Violetta's side.

He promised Violetta he would stay by her side forever. He told her he wouldn't leave this bed before she woke up.

He whispered apologising words to her everyday. Apologising for not catching her, for not seeing it coming.

Leon has always blamed himself if something happened to Violetta. It was the only thing Violetta didn't knew he did.

But besides Violetta everyone else knew he always blamed himself.

"Leon come on, you need to eat and sleep" Diego tried for the thousand time. Leon just shook his head and kept looking at Violetta.

"No, it's my fault she is here" He told him and then layed on Violetta's stomach again.

Diego gave up and walked out of the room to the others. 

When Leon noticed Diego was gone he looked around the room. Violetta's room was filled with flowers, cards, and food. Leon knew they brought the food for him, not that he cared.

"I need you princess" He whispered while he turned his gaze back to Violetta. His eyes were teary and his hands were shaking. "We all need you , I swear" He planted a warm kiss on her forehead.

"I just want you to be okay, I want to hold you and take care of you. I want to love you and give you all I am. But all that can wait, just promise me that you won't die." The tears were almolst falling out of his eyes but he fought them back inside. "Please my love" He begged at last before lacing his fingers with hers again.

He placed his head on the top of her stomach.

Meanwhile Diego told the rest about their conversation. Leon still blamed himself and none of his friends knew what to do at this point. They all tried to talk to him, take him home for a shower, but he kept refusing. 

"Let me try again" Francesca stated and walked inside the room of her very bestfriend. Everytime Francesca walked inside, tears formed in her eyes. The sight of her bestfriend laying almost lifeless on a hospital bed and not being able to help her. It was worse than her worst nightmare.

"Leon" She said while you could hear her voice was shaking. Leon slightly looked up from Violetta on which he was greeted by Francesca's teary eyes. 

"Hey" He responded and turned back to Violetta again. Francesca walked over to the bed and sat on it, next to Leon.

"Leon maybe-" Francesca started but on that moment Leon lost it.

"No Fran! I'm done with all of you! You keep telling me what to do or what is best for me, but I feel totally different. You guys think it's better for me if I eat, shower and then visit Violetta a few times a day, but that will only make me more miserable. You don't know the pain I feel when I see the love of my life laying here, on the edge of dying" He explained to Francesca, crying.

"My heart breaks into a million pieces, and it's like my body is slowly crumbling down. I don't care about eating, sleeping or showering. All I care about is her" He whipered the last 6 words. Francesca's tears were falling now as well, she knew he was right. 

Leon layed back on Violetta's stomach, crying now. The group of people outside heard Leon scream as they went in the room carefully. They were meeted by Francesca crying on the edge of Violetta's bed and Leon crying on her stomach.

Francesca looked up at the guys and gave them a really weak smile.

Francesca was struggling with Violetta's accident the most, after Leon of course. Violetta had always been her very bestfriend and they were always there for each other.

Francesca only wanted for Violetta to be okay. She remembered that she had been to the hospital for Violetta one time before. It was when they were toddlers.

Violetta had fell from the branch of a tree where they were trying to climb up. Violetta had broken her arm and they went to the hospital for bandage. When Violetta had her bandage, Francesca had drawn small doodles and messages all over it.

 Now she remembered how they laughed and cried together. But now she was here in the hospital and they weren't laughing or crying together. She was crying alone and that's what she did almost all day.

The worst part of all this that they didn't know what was actually going on with Violetta. Everyday doctors did tests and talked to one another but they didn't tell anyone from the group. 

But besides Leon and the whole group there was another person who was suffering just as much. Her father. Herman was broken and scared that she would die, just like Maria. But Herman couldn't be with Violetta 24/7 like Leon. He had to work and had meetings to go to.

He was happy Violetta had someone like Leon. A guy who loves her and takes care of her. Leon promised Herman not to leave or hurt Violetta ever in his life. 

"We get it Leon, but we just care about you" Camila explained while looking at Leon and Violetta. Tears formed in her eyes as well.

"I know" Leon mumbled but didn't bother to look up. 

"Hey guys, I have some news. It's about Violetta" Herman said sadly while walking inside of her room. Everyone's head immediatly shot his way and Leon lifted himself from Violetta's body. You could spot tear in the corner of Herman's eyes.

He walked over to Violetta's bed and sat down next to Leon and Francesca. "I just talked to the doctors" He started as you could feel the tension in the room. All the eyes were stuck to Herman.

"And she won't be able to walk again" Tears rolled down from Herman's eyes. He turned his face to his daughter and kissed her head.

"W-why?" Francesca asked while her lips were trembling and tears were falling.

"Her leg is so damaged that she needs surgery. If we do the surgery she won't be able to walk afterwards, if we don't do the surgery she can walk but she'll always have a huge pain" Herman explained to the groups.

On this moment everyone was in a huge shock. The girls were crying and the boys held them close, processing what they've just heard. Leon could only blindly stare at Violetta. 

The only thing he could think of was that Violetta wouldn't be able to perform or dance like she used to. He knew that that was her biggest passion and she won't be able to handle if she could never dance again.

Herman noticed Leon's blind stare and he knew Leon was struggling the most. He knew how it was like, seeing the one you love like this. 

Herman opened his arms and gave Leon a hug. Leon was surprised but quickly hugged him back. His tears fell on the shoulder of Herman but they both couldn't care less. 

The others decided to leave the two guys alone with Violetta.They left the room and Leon and Herman released from their hug.

"Thank you" Leon told Herman who gave him a weak smile.

"I know how it feels Leon. It hurts a lot, but I think the guys were right" Herman said on which Leon's face turned confused.

"With what?" 

"You should eat something, and take a good night of rest" He explained to him but Leon shook his head negatively.

"I know you don't want to, but for a minute think about Violetta and what she would want you to do. She would want you to be okay and healthy, she loves you" Leon thought about what Herman said and knew he was right.

Violetta always wanted for him to be okay and that he would eat and sleep enough. And because of Herman's wise words Leon stood up from Violetta's bed for the first time in 2 weeks.

<manon>