twelve

"drowning in tears" 

As usual Violetta was holding onto Leon's body

As usual Violetta was holding onto Leon's body. They were finally lying on Violetta's hospital bed after the doctors cleaned it. Violetta's nauseous feeling kept playing in her body but she tried to ignore it. 

Leon knew it was useless to make her admit she wasn't okay, so he just held her real close. "Go sleep, it's late already" Leon's lips touched Violetta's ears while he spoke the words. She nodded and closed her eyes.

She cuddled deeper into Leon while his arm was wrapped around her tiny body. She wasn't sleeping, she was thinking. She was wondering about when she could go home, be normal again. 

Then it hit her. She would never be her normal self again. This changed everything. She will always need help and be in a wheelchair. Flashbacks from her life dropped into her mind. 

Her performances. How the fans sang and danced along. How she jumped around the stage, having her brightest smile on her face. 

While she kept her eyes closed, she wiped a tear from under it. She wanted to be normal again, but she knew it was impossible. 

Leon noticed Violetta was crying and wasn't asleep yet. "Beauty, calm down" He whispered in her ear and kissed it. She smiled weakly and tightly squeezed her eyes closed. 

She tried to fall asleep, but her mind kept turning back to her negative thoughts. After a long time Leon had fallen asleep, but Violetta was still wide awake. She knew she wasn't able to sleep this night.

She climbed out of Leon's arms and slid herself in her wheelchair. She started pushing on the wheels which made the wheelchair move forward. She drove out of the room and then came by the reception.

The receptionist was going to make Violetta get back in her room if she knew that she was here. Just then the phone rang on which the receptionist got distracted. Violetta drove on full speed past the reception and out of the hospital.

She felt how the cold wind hit her skin. She kept pushing the wheels, driving through the dark, empty streets. She hadn't been outisde for over 3 weeks which made her really enjoy the moment of freedom.

She pushed herself throgh the streets until she got to her favorite place in the city. It was a place where she always came since she was little. She was there when she was sad and needed to be alone.

Nobody knew about this place, it was her own place. 

It was next to a lake, by a huge tree. The tree was hollow from the inside as Violetta always sat down in the tree. This time she slid herself out of the wheelchair and slowly crawled inside of the hollow tree. 

Her eyes sparkled in the light of the moon. She stared over the water of the river, being deep in her thoughts. She didn't feel like having company, she just wanted to be on herself.