eight

"drowning in tears"

Leon came back to the present after the memory in his head

Leon came back to the present after the memory in his head. He smiled at the picture and ripped it off the paper. He folded it a few times and then stuffed it in his pocket. A memory he never wanted to forget.

He grabbed the next card off the pile and started reading the beautiful words. Francesca had found a beautiful quote which made her tear up.

This card is sent to cheer you
As you're confined to bed
I'm sure it'll feel all worthwhile
In the happier days ahead.

She wiped her tear away at the words, just because she knew that those happier days will be hard to reach. Violetta would be really upset when she hears she won't ever be able to walk again.

Just like Leon and Francesca they all found emotional pictures or texts. For hours and hors they kept reading and opening. 

After lots of reading, tears, laughing and opening of gifts they managed to finish the huge pile. They put all the cards and gifts back in the truck which will transport it to Violetta's special room.

Leon placed himself next to Violetta's body again. It was already really late and the doctors finally accepted that Leon could sleep next to her.

Then he felt something which made him quickly sit up straight. He was holding her hand in his and he felt a movement from hers. 

Everyone who just helped with reading the cards all went away already. Leon pushed on a button on which a doctor came in.

"S-she moved, h-her hand" He stuttered and stared shockingly at his girlfriend.

"When?" The doctor immediatly asked, walking closer to them.

"J-just now, I-I was h-holding her hand a-and she m-moved it" He trembled to get the words over his tongue. He couldn't believe she really moved.

"This is great news, the chance of her waking up is really really big now. I think she will open her eyes soon" The adrenaline in Leon's body started rising when the doctor finished his words.

"Really?" Leon asked with widened eyes, not believing Violetta was close to waking up. The doctor nodded and gave him a smiles. 

"Just press on this button if she does" The doctor handed Leon a bright red button. He took it in his hands and placed it on the nightstand next to Violetta's bed.

The doctor walked out of the room, leaving Leon and Violetta again. "The doctor told me you will probably wake up soon, please do so. I miss you more than anything in this entire universe. I want to see your beautiful brown eyes again and kiss your soft pink lips. I love you a lot" He said to Violetta and kissed her head.

He lifted up the blanckets and shove his body next to hers. He turned himself towards her and stared at her face. He was tired but there was no way he was going to sleep before the girl in front of him would open her eyes. 

"Please" He begged softly in Violetta's left ear. He kissed her neck under it, like he always did when she slept. "I miss you" He added sadly behind it.

He felt how his eyelids were slowly started to fall down, but he fought them back up. He needed to be awake if she would wake up tonight. 

He kept fighting but it was no use. He closed his eyes and fell asleep while he held Violetta tight in his arms.

-

He felt a light push coming from the side. His eyes fluttered open on which he was greeted by a pair of brown eyes. Francesca was standing in front of him, smiling. "Hey" She said, smiling so bright that Leon knew something was going on.

That was the moment when Leon realised his arms were empty. The place on the hospital bed was not filled. He sat straight up and looked with huge eyes at Francesca. "Where is Violetta!?" He almost screamed, jumping out of the bed. 

"She woke up!" Leon's body filled with happiness and anxiety. He wanted to run out of the room, but Diego was holding him beside the door.

"What are you doing? I need to see her, I need her" He said over-hyped, almost hyperventilating. 

"The doctors took her and are doing some tests on her Leon, they need to make sure she is fine" Francesca explained, standing in front of her boyfriend who was holding Leon.

"I really need to see her" He said while prowling his lips. "Please" He begged and let himself sink to the ground, sitting against the wall.

"We know Leon, but it's for her health" Leon nodded and started playing with his own fingers. 

Twenty minutes later a doctor came walking in on which Leon automatically stood right in front of him. "And?" He asked, his heart beat rose so quickly.

"She is really weak and vulnerable, but nothing what we didn't expect. Be really careful with her, only one person in this room at a time." The doctor explained on which everyone sighed happily.

All the guys were there, Herman, Anigie, all of Violetta's friends and Leon of course. Herman stood next to Leon in front of the doctor. "So I want to ask you to all leave the room then we can bring her in here. We'll tell when the frist person can come in" Everyone smiled brighter than they have ever did the past weeks. 

Violetta was awake and fine, and that's all they wanted to know.

Slowly they all left the room, only Leon stayed where he was, He was staring blindly in front of him, having mixed feelings. He mostly felt happiness, that was for sure.

Herman smiled and slowly led Leon out of the room. "You can go see her first if you want to" Herman said and let him sit on a chair in the waiting room.

"Really?" Leon asked shockingly, staring at Herman now. 

"Really" Herman asured him while he patted his back.

From the outside Leon looked like he had always looked the past few weeks, but from the inside he was glowing brightly.

The doctor walked in the waiting room and asked for the first one to go in. Leon carefully stood up from his chair and walked inside Violetta's room, closing the door behind him. 

He saw her laying on the bed, but his eyes were stuck on her chestnut brown eyes. She smiled when she saw the love of her life standing in her room.

"Hey princess" He said and smiled, walking over to her. He placed himself down next to her on the bed, he kept his eyes locked with hers. 

She bit her lip and giggled very lightly and weak, but still adorable. "I missed you" Leon whispered on which she smiled softly.

"Me too" Her voice cracked and it was almost unhearable, but Leon couldn't be happier.

He took his shaking hand through her soft brown hair and kissed her head. "I love you" He then whispered on which she smiled and nodded lightly.

He moved his head closer to her as their lips brushed slightly. He leaned closer to her lips until they finally touched.

The butterflies appeared in both of their stomachs. They felt both of their hearts connect again. For both of them it felt like their first date. 

And maybe that was because of the picture that just fell out of Leon's pocket, or maybe that was because they missed each other so much.

But if you looked closely at the lovely couple, you could see both of their hearts shine bright.

<I love u lots @jorstephie_luver >                                                                                                                                   <manon>