Chapter 2 ~ Louis

Chapter 2 ― Louis 

“I don’t wanna go. What part of that don’t you understand, Harold Edward Styles?” I asked, arms folded and a serious expression on my face. I was sitting on the sofa and I wasn’t willing to move. Nope.

“We have to go, Lou. I don’t understand why you’re so difficult sometimes,” Harry complained and I just shook my head with my eyes closed.

I didn’t want to go to a radio station and most certainly I didn’t want to do an interview. I was tired of people asking ‘so, who is single?’ Ugh, it infuriated me because all I wanted to say was: ‘me, thanks to all those fans who won’t let us have nice things.’ Yes, I knew I seemed like a spoiled kid but I didn’t care. At least not that day.

It had been seven months since Eleanor and I broke up and though I got over her –and that was bloody difficult– and it didn’t hurt anymore, I still had this bitter feeling in my guts when I remembered that I had to go through all that pain because of our fans, the same fans that swore loved us unconditionally. Yes, I knew not all the fans were the same, there was a high percentage that was really sad and upset about my breakup with Eleanor, however I couldn’t just forget about what that other percentage did.

And that day my resentment was even worse.

I just got the gossip that Eleanor had started dating another guy.

No, I wasn’t jealous that she moved on, on the contrary, I was happy for her that she found a guy who didn’t hurt her or who didn’t bring her death threats from his fans, I just felt bad for me, because she could move on but I couldn’t because if I even tried, someone was going to end up as hurt as she was at the beginning.

Eleanor and I were still kind of friends. We talked from time to time and by now things weren’t that awkward, though at the beginning I couldn’t hear her name without breaking down. I had to be thankful to the lads, they helped me greatly to get over my heartache. I didn’t know what would have become of me if I hadn’t had them with me.

“C’mon, Lou. We have to do this, it’s part of our job. If you want we can ask George to request that no one asks us about our love life,” Harry proposed and I opened just one eye to see him.

“But why do we have to go to this radio station? I thought we were having this day off,” I whined and the curly boy sat next to me.

“George asked us this as a favour and we accepted ‘cos we’re good boys and we’ll have tomorrow free.”

“But did you hear him? He mentioned something about a contest,” I moaned and Harry just laughed at me. He laughed! Why was he so mean to me? “I don’t wanna be part of a contest. What if it’s something like ‘Date A Member Of One Direction?’” I questioned, pleading with my eyes for him to deny what I was thinking.

“Sorry, Lou. I don’t know anything about that but we can always refuse to be part of that. Surely we can talk about that first, right?”

I hoped he was right. I had enough with the fans ruining my relationships, I didn’t want management to try to control my love life as well. “Okay, let’s go,” I finally agreed and Harry hugged me tight. I just sighed, hoping nothing bad was going to come out of this.

* * *

We were in front of Joy, the blonde girl who was also the host of the show. She was nice and very pretty, she had so much energy and even though I didn’t want to come at first and I was all gloomy, she just bumped me up with her enthusiasm. She wasn’t the only one in the room, besides the lads and George, there was this other girl, Havi, who was sat behind the glass in the DJ booth. She was shy and it was obvious she wasn’t comfortable with us there. She was also cute, she had this adorable thing surrounding her and when I saw how Harry was flirting with her and obviously making her even more uncomfortable, I had to do something. I noticed she had this adorable smile and when she was embarrassed she looked down that made her eyelashes very noticeable. They were tick and dark, and made her eyes look brighter.