Chapter 30 ~ Louis

Chapter 30 ― Louis

“What did you do?” I asked her as we were heading to the booth where Harry and Joy were waiting for us. Havi smiled proud of herself stopping for a second to peck my lips.

“I might have got Harry a girlfriend,” she replied offhandedly resuming our walking.

I was confused. I knew she talked to Maca and maybe she tried to convince her, but how could she be so sure about it? However, I hoped she was right. Harry hadn’t been the same since Maca refused to go out with him again. He really fancied her and the day he came back from his date with her his smile was huge and he was really happy. He had had such a great time, though he didn’t tell me much about it, but I knew him and I could tell he had had, probably, the best date of his life and it hurt him when Maca rejected him later on. I knew it was in part my fault because Maca was scared because of what Havi had to go through. I, in some way, showed her the bad side of having us close and it was obvious a normal girl didn’t want that kind of life. I didn’t know how Harry could want to go out with Maca so much without considering that probably our fans were going to be even meaner towards the black-haired girl.

We were best friends, but clearly we didn’t think the same way.

Even though, I wanted him to be happy. As happy as I was with Havi, no matter how much we had to go through. We had each other.

Everyone said Harry was a womaniser but he was more than just a lady’s man. He was just living and if girls approached and offered themselves to him, he wouldn’t reject that opportunity. He was a guy, after all. But people overreacted and were making the whole matter bigger than it was. Many other guys went out with way more girls that Harry had gone in his whole life, but no one cared about it. It was because of who he was, not because of what he did. And that was totally unfair. So I wanted a girl for my friend, someone whom he could be happy with, have fun and have something stable. When you were in a world like ours, a serious relationship, someone whom you could lean on, could be the difference in the breaking point.

That was why I was so grateful to have Havi with me, because she kept me with my feet on the ground and calmed me down when I wanted to end everything. She constantly reminded me why I was doing what I was doing. I was so grateful that she was strong, stronger than I was. Little by little, she was learning how to cope with everything a bit better and she already knew how to make things easier to me by telling me all the good things that fans had done for her so far.

We hadn’t gone official yet, though many people already had accepted us. Yes, there were many ‘fans’ who assumed they knew better what was better for me and they decided it wasn’t Havi, but there were many more that were happy for me and Havi and they were waiting for me to make the announcement. With Havi we had decided that we were going to wait until the end of the contest to make it official for the public so less people could say she was with me just to use my fame for the contest. Nevertheless, we knew those kind of rumours were still going to be made, just for the sake to do us bad.

“Why so sure?” I asked elbowing her softly.

“‘Cos I saw the impact of my words on her. Trust me, she’ll talk to Harry and those two will be happy and they’ll run together to the sunset,” Havi replied making me laugh for the mental picture. “I should be cupid. I’m so good at this,” she mused and I laughed harder.

“Hmm… I don’t think that’s a good idea. I don’t want the rest of the world seeing you with so little clothing. But if you wanna wear that costume for me, I’m totally up for that,” I joked and she turned to look at me scandalised.

“Louis Tomlinson!” She reprimanded me but it was obvious she was joking along with me. “Don’t say those kind of things in a public place!”