Chapter 23 ~ Havi

Chapter 23 ― Havi

I hung up and slid my mobile into my pocket again, turning around to face a smiley Joy who was watching me. “Everything okay?” She asked arching one eyebrow ignoring whatever she was looking at on the screen of her laptop.

“Yeah, Louis was a bit worried about the whole interview thing,” I told her taking a seat next to her.

Joy just smiled at me sweetly and so did I, thinking of how concerned Louis was. I was trying to take things easy, it was enough with him worrying about what the fans were going to say once they found out about us, so I didn’t think it was a good idea having me worrying about that too.

“Aren’t you worried?” She inquired tanking a glimpse of me from the corner of her eye.

I shrugged before replying. “Of course I’m worried, I just don’t wanna make this situation bigger than it already is, you know? Louis is already scared about all this and I don’t wanna make this more difficult for him,” I explained before grabbing a piece of chocolate muffin.

“I thought you were gonna be able to hide it for a wee longer. Guess I was wrong. I’m sorry,” she offered with a sympathetic expression at which I just smiled.

I also thought we were going to have a tad bit more time for us without the media trying to find out what we were doing, if it was for real, if he was trying to cover something up, or things like that. However, I always knew this was going to happen, that eventually I was going to be exposed to the public and with that, exposed to their opinions. Now, it depended on me if I let those opinions affect me or not.

My plan was not letting those words affect me.

“Oh shit,” Joy whispered and I forgot about my train of thoughts to focus on what had caused that reaction on her. She was with her eyes wide open looking at the screen and scrolling quickly. “Oh shit, oh shit.”

“What happened?” I asked her leaning into Joy to see the screen.

“They found you,” she mumbled still scrolling.

I noticed she was on the show twitter account and we definitely had more mentions than usual and it took me only a few seconds to see what kind of mentions we had. I said I wasn’t going to let harsh words to affect me, but when you had to face reality, it wasn’t that easy to follow your own words.

Who’s that whore and what is she doing with our boobear?

I’m so gonna kill that bitch if I ever see her!!! #angry

No bitch will stand between our Larry!

I HATE YOU! Stay away from Louis!!!!!

And those were the nicest tweets and the ones I could read. The others had such a horrible spelling and grammar that I didn’t know whether to feel offended or to laugh at them.

They didn’t know exactly who I was, but they knew I worked at the station and I was connected to the show, so they were attacking the place where they knew I was going to see it. The notifications were thousands and all were addressed to me, sending me hatred without even knowing my name. Soon, there was a trending topic worldwide which said #LouisNewBeard.

“I’m so sorry,” Joy said closing the tab and pushing her laptop away to focus all her attention on me, but I was in shock.

That had been fast and massive. I knew I was going receive hatred eventually, I just never thought they were going to be so straightforward, rude, mean and that they were going to be so many. They wanted me dead and they had barely seen my face. They didn’t even know my name.