Chapter 5 ~ Havi

Chapter 5 ― Havi

I still couldn’t believe they agreed to do this for us. I thought it was a dream when I woke up that morning, but then I checked my phone and I had the register of my call with Louis, so it had been real. Louis called me saying that they were doing the contest.

I didn’t care that it was One Direction. I didn’t mind that it was this boy band I was tired of. It wasn’t important that three days ago I wanted to rip off all the covers with their faces were on. This was a huge opportunity for the station, for us, and if I had to learn to love them, I was going to do that. I was going to be the nicest girl on Earth just for the sake of the station and Joy.

I didn’t think it was going to be hard. They were nice and if I could put aside the fact that other people were obsessed with them to the point of freaking me out and even scare me a bit, I thought we could be friends. Plus, we were going to spend a lot of time together due to this contest.

I spent all my morning surrounded by cups from Starbucks and papers where Joy and I were writing down our ideas for the contest. She made a lot of calls whilst I kept organising everything. How we were going to select the girls, how we were going to present the pre-selected ones to the boys, when we were going to do the gig, how, where, among other things. It was driving me crazy already, but it was worth it because I knew this was going to take us to the next level. What could be better than a contest with the hottest boy band of the moment?

By the time the show was about to start, we had almost everything ready to present to Louis and whoever he was bringing along. I was already in the DJ booth but I was extremely nervous. I didn’t know if it was because of the whole contest thing, or because I knew I was going to see Louis again.

I immediately remembered our conversation, the stupid grin on my face after we hung up and I knew it wasn’t only because he had said yes, it was the fact that he had called me. I wasn’t sure why his voice made me smile, or why the mention of his name made my heart race. I was behaving like a silly girl and it was kind of creepy.

“It’s the time of the day for you to catch up with all the last news in the media you like the most. Welcome back to Up To Date with your host, Joy Daniels, here on your station, Crash FM,” I played the recording introducing her show and soon Joy was at the microphone, her lovely cheeky smile and all that energy that was her personal trait.

“Why hello there, my lovely listeners. Hope you all are as fine as me this incredible day. We have so many things for you today. This world is going crazy, I swear! But don’t worry, we have time for you with the best music and the latest news. And to start, we’ll give you the latest single of our new friends, One Direction. Enjoy!” Joy presented and it was my turn to press play again and do my magic.

Like that, we did our two hours of the show perfectly. Several calls were answered, we played good music, we had such a great time and it was time to meet Louis, if he was punctual, of course. By the time Joy and I walked to the cafeteria, my heart was beating so fast because I knew Louis was closer with every minute. I had all my papers and we were more than ready to present everything, but I knew my state was due to other factors that included a pair of beautiful blue eyes, a lovely smile and a silly boy.

I was drinking my eighth cup of coffee of the day when my phone went off and I jumped so high I almost threw the drink all over Joy. She was surprised at first, and then started laughing like a real hyena. You would think she cared that I almost died of a heart-attack. Nope. That wasn’t Joy. My best friend cracked up laughing at me first, and then she would see if I was okay, but then it would be too late. Oh, sad life.