Chapter 6 ~ Louis

Chapter 6 ― Louis 

Who could have ever imagined that spending two hours with Havi and Joy talking about a contest would be so fun? We discussed mostly matters concerning the contest, the things that were expected from us, when we should go, how we should proceed, and so on; though sometimes we went on talking about other things such as the great food they had in the cafeteria and how they started to work in the radio. However, I wanted to know more. For some reason, Havi seemed fascinating to me, I wanted to know more and more about her. What she liked, what she hated, what inspired her, what made her sad… Everything! I liked the way she talked, how her eyes always showed if she was happy or excited or even a bit tired, as I could see when we said goodbye. I liked the way she moved her hands when she was excited, or the way she laughed. Even if you didn’t find it funny why she was laughing, you joined her anyway, just because her laugh was so contagious.

I caught myself thinking of her all the way back to our flat and Harry noticed my absent state because once we were alone and I was heading to the kitchen to grab something to drink, the curly-haired boy called my name. “You okay, Boo-bear?” He asked and I looked over my shoulder to meet his green eyes.

Harry was probably the one who knew me the best out of our band and since we met we knew we were going to be best mates and we were going to live together. Normally I found it very useful that he knew me so well, but that night I found it quite the contrary. For some reason I didn’t want to talk about what was in my mind. Probably it was because I didn’t want him to keep thinking that I fancied Havi or something similar when it was clear I didn’t. Even if I found her attractive, I wouldn’t let myself fancy her because that would be disastrous, not only for me, but for her and I would never do that to her. I already let our fans hurt a sweet and nice girl, I wouldn’t allow that again. I made a promise to myself when Eleanor and I broke up and I was going to keep my word.

“You were oddly quiet on our ride back. Is there something wrong?” His expression was pure worry and I felt bad for making him feel like that, but seriously I didn’t want to talk about it. Overthinking things was never good.

“Yeah, I’m okay, don’t worry, Harry,” I told him with a big smile so he would believe me. I wasn’t lying though, I was okay, I had been too concentrated, that was all. “I’m a tad bit tired, you know? Probably I’ll get a shower and go to bed.”

“It’s past nine. Isn’t it too soon?” Seeing that side, well, maybe it was too early for me to go to bed. But I was truly tired.

“Hmm… wanna watch a movie then? But if I fall asleep, you’ll have to carry me to bed,” I warned him still smiling.

“Nope. I’ll leave you sleeping or I’ll push you to the floor. Yeah, that’s a good idea,” he joked and I chuckled slightly. “Let’s watch a movie, but please, not Grease.”

I literally pouted and bated my eyelashes as fast as I could. It was my favourite movie and every time we didn’t think of anything else to watch, that was our choice. Well, my choice, normally Harry spoiled me. And that night I couldn’t think of anything else. “Oh, fuck. Okay, let’s watch Grease.”

I smiled brightly and turned to keep walking to the kitchen were I grabbed a few beer bottles for us and I heard Harry looking for the popcorn. Who needed dinner when you could eat popcorn and other kind of junk food? Not us, that was for certain.

.

I walked calmly through the halls of the radio station, a smile on my face and a good mood making my footsteps lighter. I really enjoyed my hours in the radio station and picking the girls was so fun. I didn’t know where the boys currently were, I just knew I had to meet with Havi and I was really eager to see her. She picked the best answers and we laughed so hard that my whole body hurt later.