Chapter 14 ~ Louis

Chapeter 14 ― Louis 

“Harry, give it back!” I growled at Harry between grinded teeth. He didn’t want to give me my shirt back and I knew it was making Havi uncomfortable. “You know my jumper itches if I don’t wear a shirt under it!” I reminded him but the curly-haired boy just shook his head.

“I’m doing you a favour, Tommo!”

“You’re giving me a pneumonia, that’s what you’re doing!” I yelled-whispered. I didn’t want anyone else knowing what we were arguing about; and by anyone I meant Havi.

“Oh, they are leaving!” Harry said oblivious to what I was asking him. I wanted my shirt back because there was no way in hell I was going to put on his after he wore it the whole day. That was a round no. I loved my jumper, but it really itched if I didn’t wear something under it. Stupid fabric. “Joy!” Harry exclaimed as he passed next to me practically running towards the two guests. I turned around and saw my friend hugging Havi and then Joy. He said something because both girls giggled and Joy replied with something that made Harry fake he was hurt. I liked the way Harry tried to flirt with Joy but she never took him seriously and made him look bad. She was a genius.

I approached them and hugged Joy goodbye. I was still shirtless and probably it was awkward, though she didn’t show any sign of that. Then it was Havi’s turn and I knew she was indeed uncomfortable, I could see it in her hazel eyes and they way her cheeks were all rosy. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” I told her smiling. She looked adorable with her pink cheeks and her eyes fighting to hold my gaze.

I stepped closer and wrapped my arms around her small body pulling her against me. I couldn’t deny it, I loved the way she felt in my arms and how she put her arms around my waist, her little hands on the skin of my bare back. It felt… perfect.

Sometimes you had these moments when you just wanted to stop the clock and stay where you were forever. I was living one of those moments with Havi in my arms and my heart beating so fast. I wanted to hug her tighter and never let her go.

I was overwhelmed by the intensity of my feelings when I held her, when she was close, when the world went out of focus and there were only she and I. And the sad part was that I knew something bigger could come out of this, because I believed if I did feel like that when we hugged, she had to experience something as well, even something small, regardless if she liked someone else; but nothing could ever happen between us because the last thing I wanted to do was hurt her.

I pulled away and looked into her eyes a bit before leaning in and kissing her check slowly, enjoying the way her soft skin felt under my lips. Maybe it was the beers I drank, maybe it was her presence, but all my senses were heightened that night when it came to Havi. When I pulled away again and met her eyes, I saw shock and something else, something that made my heart race but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

“Bye,” she whispered, her eyes locked on mine. I had my hand on her waist but even if I wanted –which I didn’t–, I couldn’t move it. Joy took Havi’s arm and made her walk, only there I broke any contact with her. Suddenly, I became conscious of the whole world again and as I heard the door shut behind me, I saw all my mates’ expressions.

“Lou,” Liam whispered and I started to get nervous. I knew what was coming: all the questions, all the advices I didn’t need, all the worry I didn’t want.

“It’s okay. I’m tired, we should go to bed. Tomorrow we have a photoshoot, remember?” I said loudly and clapping as I took my jumper and started to walk towards my room, but someone grabbed my elbow stopping me.

“Lou, you fancy her, right?” That was Zayn. I didn’t turn around, I kept my gaze on my feet. “You can talk to us, we’re your best friends.”