Chapter 18 ~ Louis

Chapter 18 ― Louis

“And you’re gonna do something about it. Ask her out, tell her how you feel, I dunno! Just do something. Today is the day to do something,” Harry told me before I went to the radio station. “If you don’t, I won’t let you in.”

“I have keys, you know,” I reminded him.

“No you don’t, I confiscated them so you have to do something or you will sleep on the street like a homeless person,” I rolled my eyes at my best mate but I was anxious inside, dying to see her again. Harry thought it would be a great idea for one of us to go every week to announce the winners, and of course I was the first selected to go. Well, I kind of volunteered to do it.

“But what if the fans–”

“We’ll protect her, Lou. Stop worrying. We’ll protect her and if they try to send her hate, we all gonna stand up for her. I’m sure the lads are with me in this. We already talked about it, so man up and do something,” he commanded and I just chuckled before saluting him militarily. “Now go, make me proud! Make her forget about that twat that doesn’t know what he’s missing.”

I laughed as he pushed me out of the flat. I knew he was right, I had to do something and honestly, it was inevitable when every time I saw her I felt so many things I couldn’t control, when I just wanted to have her closer and closer. Even if I wanted to put distance between us, I was inevitably dragged towards her again.

It was obvious I wasn’t going to resist much without doing something. I hated whoever this lad was, not only because he was a complete asshole for not wanting Havi, but also because he had her heart and he didn’t even want it. Because he had what I wanted so bad. I just wanted her, to keep her next to me after she hugged me to greet me, to hold her hand casually whilst I was driving her home, to kiss her whenever I wanted.

My feelings for her were growing so fast and I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to control them for too long. The way I wanted her in my life was incredible. Plus, it was so easy to be myself with her around, to have a normal conversation and forget about everything. I could be Louis with her, I didn’t need to be Louis of One Direction for Havi and I loved how easy everything was. Our conversations, the jokes. Time flew by when I was with her and when we were alone everything felt different.

That day I loved Joy for giving me the opportunity of driving Havi home. But when we were there at the door of her flat, my heart was beating fast and I could hear Harry in my mind telling me to do something. Whatever! But I was frozen, I didn’t know what to do first, though I knew perfectly what I wanted: to kiss her. I just wanted to kiss her as I was about to do it other times, but now I knew no one could interrupt us. However, I couldn’t make a move, I couldn’t gather the courage to do it.

“So, would you like to come in?” She asked me and all I wanted was to say yes, I just wanted to stay there with her, but stupidly I replied: “I’d love to, but the lads are waiting for me.”  What was wrong with me?

I saw disappointment in her eyes and I wanted to bang my head against the wall yet at the same time I wanted to jump in the air. She wanted to spend more time with me, only me.

“I’ll see you soon?” I asked and she nodded and that was it. I had to say goodbye and I missed my opportunity. I should have told her that I fancied her, asked her out or something. Anything would be better than nothing.

We said our goodbyes and I turned around, cursing myself for being so stupid. That was the perfect moment to make a move. Harry was right, I had to make her forget about that lad and I had to trust I could protect her. Maybe our fans grew up and maybe I could handle the whole situation in a better way, plus the whole Larry Stylinson was toning down a tad bit and it wasn’t as hard as before as the fans were finally understanding the difference between a romance and a bromance.