7|The Dinner, Part 1

"Emily, hurry up Alex will be here soon!" Emily's mother, Carol hollered from downstairs.

"Be there in a minute mom."

Sighing Emily stood from her four poster bed and walked into her attached bathroom.

Looking into the bathroom mirror she sighed yet again.
Staring back at her was a girl around 5'6 with long wavy blonde hair that went to her waist and had blue-green eyes that shined with different emotions.

The plain knee length black dress hugged her body like a second skin. The low black pumps adding a couple inches to her height.

I hope it's not too awkward. She thought to herself before adding watermelon lip gloss to her lips and heading out of her bathroom and bedroom and slowly walking down the stairs praying Alex doesn't show.

"Dad, Carol I'm here and I brought a guest!" Alex's voice hollered, making her freeze, her hand gripping the banister tightly when she hears another voice, one she had never heard before.

He brought a girl.. to family dinner?

Tears started feeling her eyes and her heart felt like it was breaking.

"Emily get down here! Your brother's home and he brought a guest!" her mother hollered sounding giddy.

You can do this Emily, just smile and bear it. Family dinner will be over before you know it.

Emily thought to herself, plastering a smile on her face she walked down rest of the stairs and was entering the living room before she knew it.

Standing in the living room was her mom, step dad and Alex who had an arm around a girls waist.

The girl was tall around 5'9 but with the heels she had on she stood a couple inches taller than Alex who was 6'0. She had shiny blonde hair up in a bun, not a piece of hair out of place. Big blue eyes, bright pink lips, long cat like nails, a stick thin body in a gorgeous white corset dress.. She was everything Emily wasn't.

"Ugh where is that girl?" Carol questioned annoyed.

"If your speaking about me I'm right here." Emily spoke making all eyes shoot to her.

Her eyes locked with Alex's.

Both of them were so lost in each others gaze they didn't notice the way their parents sent each other a secretive grin. Or the way Cassidy, the girl who he came with  was glaring holes into Emily.

Clearing her throat awkwardly the girl beside Alex asked, "Aren't you going to introduce us love?"

Emily was the first to break eye contact, and ignoring the tension that seemed to be everywhere she forced a small smile to grace her shiny pink lips as she gracefully moved toward Alex and his guest.

"I'm Emily, Alex's sister." she said, holding her hand out to shake the glaring sticks.

Snarling her nose up she finally shook Emily's hand and introducing herself, "I'm Cassidy, Alex's girlfriend." before jerking back and looking at her hand in disgust.

God can she be anymore stuck up? Emily wondered, sending Alex a look that practically screamed REALLY?!

"Cassidy why don't you come and help me in the kitchen?" Carol asked, not liking the way the girl was acting toward her babygirl.

"Um.." looking at Alex Cassidy pleaded for him to say or do anything to keep her from leaving his side. Only Alex smiled. "Go on Cas I'll be there shortly."

After kissing Alex long and hard she sent Emily a smirk before strutting out of the living room.

"Well kids Im going to go wash up." John stated sending his son a pointed look and Emily a smile before walking out of the living room leaving the all by their selves.

Awkward silence permitted the room as they stared at anything and everything except  each other. Finally Alex broke it by asking the one question that had been bothering him. "Do you regret what happened between us?"

Startled Emily quickly shouted a "No." before lowering her voice,"Of course I don't regret what happened between us .. I just feel guilty about it. Like we betrayed our parents trust by sleeping with each other. It was wrong and never should've happened."

"But it did happen Emily and we can't pretend it didn't. "

Sighing Emily looked into Alex's blue eyes that were filled with different emotions just like hers was and uttered out, "Yes we can. It should be easy seeing as you've already moved on from what happened. Just say I was a notch on your bed post."

After saying that Emily moves to leave only for Alex to stop her by grabbing her arm. "You wasn't a notch on my bed post." Alex stated, "you were are the only fucking person I want. It's always been you Emily, every time I fucked a girl I was wishing it was you." chuckling humorously he continued, "Even though it sounds messed up and shitty of me."

Chuckling softly Emily stood on her tiptoes best as she could and gently cupped his face and staring into his eyes she told him exactly how she felt about him and saw him. "Alex you are the most sweetest, kindest, lovable person I know sure you have your flaws what with being cocky, a butthole, an overachiever and using others but that's what makes you you. I didn't just fall in love with part of you I fell in love with all of you Alex,"

Alex's mouth was on hers before she knew it. Biting her bottom lip gently she opened her mouth to give him entrance. Their tongues danced against each other in sync, as their hearts beat an irregular beat.

Pulling away, tears brimming in her eyes Emily quickly scurried out of the living room leaving Alex standing there breathing heavy and with alot of thoughts running around like a circus in his mind.