8|The Dinner Part 2

Damit why the hell did I bring Cassidy with me?

Alex thought to himself scowling.

Because you didn't want Emily to think you were pining after her. Or that you were upset because she had been ignoring you.

"Why can't she just forget about how our parent's will react? And focus on how we feel. Damnit I love her stubborn ass!"

"Um Alex, son when you get done speaking to yourself dinners ready."

Looking up to see his father standing in the entryway with a grin on his face Alex felt his face heat up in embarrassment at being caught speaking to himself.

"Um, uh.. Im coming."

-

During dinner Alex couldn't help but stare at her. She was just so fucking beautiful. His beautiful innocent yet stubborn girl.

He was so lost in his thoughts he didn't hear Cassidy calling his name not until she finally hollered in his ear while poking him.

Shaking his head and ignoring the looks he was getting from his parents and Emily he looked at Cassidy.

"Yes, Cas? What is it?"

Rolling her eyes Cassidy huffed out, "I was getting ready to tell your parents and sister the good news."

"Okay.." he mumbled a confused look on his face. "What's the good news."

"Come on babe don't tell me you forgot," rolling her eyes yet again Cassidy turned to face his parents and Emily.

"The good news is that Alex and I. We are getting married!"

"What?!"

Alex hollered just as Emily did. Looking at her he shook his head while pleading with his eyes for her to not believe what she just heard.

"Yea, I found the engagement ring in your pants pocket last night." She told him her face flushing. "I know you haven't officially asked me to marry you or anything yet but you know I will say yes."

Too shocked to say anything Alex just stared.

Thoughts of how to explain to Emily of how Cassidy could have gotten into his pants pockets to find the ring running through his mind and of how to tell her the ring was for her that he has had it for years. He was just waiting to find out if she felt the same way.

"Excuse me, I'm going to go." Emily mumbled tearfully before leaving.

The sound of Emily's voice brought him out of his shocked state and he opens his mouth to speak but it's too late she's already headed up the stairs toward her room.

Alex quickly stood and started out of the dining room when the sound of Cassidy asking him where he's going stops him in his tracks.

Before he could stop himself he had turned back around to find his parents looking at him with confusion and Cassidy looking at him with a worried look on her face.

She should be worried ran through his mind she might have just ruined every fucking thing!

"I'm going to go check and see if my girl is okay and to beg for her to listen to me."

Confusion crossed Cassidys face and she stated, "I'm sure your sisters fine just shocked about her big brother being engaged."

Aggravated and pissed Alex said, "I don't know why the hell you would think we are engaged because we aren't and will never be. That ring your nosey ass found wasn't for you it was, is for my love."

"But.. Who.. Who is it for?" Cassidy questioned.

"It's for the girl that your snotty ass has been sending mean and disgusted looks too. The girl you think you are better than." Taking a deep breath to calm himself he exhaled and continued, "heads up your not no better than her, she is the best! I love her more than any fucking thing in this messed up world. She makes my day brighter when she's around, makes my heart mother fu-"

"Okay son enough cussing." Looking at his dad he nodded and looked back at Cassidy. "Look just leave Cas, you did what you was supposed to do, heck you did way more than you was supposed to."

With that he walked out and headed toward his girls room where he planned on pleading and begging for her to forgive him.