12|Forgive & Dinner

"Emily! Wait please!"

"I'm begging you!!"

Sighing Emily stopped walking and turned to wait on Anna the betrayer to catch up with her.

"Oh thank goodness Emily! I've been trying to talk to you all day." Anna huffed out when she finally caught up to Emily.

"What do you want Anna?" She asked before looking around the school grounds. "What are you looking for?" Anna questioned, looking at Emily curiously.

"Was looking to see if your boyfriend was around."

"Emily please .." A hurt look crossed Anna's face, "please forgive me. I'm sorry and so is Nick we never meant to hurt you. We love you."

"Yeah, right." Rolling her eyes Emily stated, "it doesn't matter anymore, I forgive you and Nick if it wasn't for y'alls betrayal I would never have followed my heart."

"What?!"

A smile gracing her lips Emily said, "I forgive you both. If not for you two betraying me I wouldn't have realized what no who I was looking for was right in front of me. Because of y'all I'm finally really happy."

Before Anna could mutter a word a deep yet smooth very familiar voice spoke, "Love I thought you was going to meet me at the car?"

Anna watched her ex best friends face light up like a christmas tree.

"I was going to babe, got a little sidetracked that's all." Emily said, walking past Anna and wrapping her arms around Alex's waist.

"Oh, okay love." Leaning his head down Alex placed his lips on Emily's, kissing her softly before pulling back and giving her a smile. "You ready or do you need to do something?"

"Nah, I'm ready." With that said Emily looked back at Anna and smiled "See ya around!" With that she slipped her hand into Alex's and walked off leaving a stunned Anna staring after them--

3 days later

"Love are you almost ready? We're supposed to meet our parents at the restaurant in 30 minutes?"

"Yea, I'm coming." Looking at her reflection once more Emily nodded to herself, "I don't look bad." She muttered, her skin seemed to be glowing, her eyes were shining with happiness. The black dress she wore hugged all of her curves perfectly, her hair was curled and falling softly down her back, her makeup was minimal; some eye-shadow, pink lip gloss and eyeliner. Around her neck was a diamond chain to go with the diamond earrings and bracket she wore ( a gift from Alex)

Slipping on her black high heels and grabbing her clutch she made her way into the living room to find Alex drowning down at his phone. "Is everything okay babe?" She asked walking over to him. Quickly slipping his phone in his dress pants he turned to face her. "Yes, love everything is fine and may I say you look gorgeous." He leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips before holding his arm out for her to take. "M'lady."

"Why thank you kind sir." She muttered, placing her hand on his arm laughing softly.

The whole time they were at the restaurant Emily noticed Alex kept glancing at his phone that seemed to go off every few minutes.

"Son why don't you go ahead and answer if it's important." Emily's step dad said making Alex nod. "I'll be right back." He muttered, giving her a small smile and their parents before walking off.

"So Emily how is school?"

"It's good mom, can't wait till graduation though."

After sending the waiter away 4 times Emily finally decided to just go ahead and order for Alex since he hadn't come back yet. By the time the food arrived Alex still wasn't back. What's taking him so long? Emily wondered.

"I'll be right back I'm going to go see if everything is okay with Alex." Standing Emily went looking for Alex...