CHAPTER FIVE

My head aches considerably as I attempt to sit up. I don't remember my sheets being so scratchy before. With eyes that are still filmy with sleep, I attempt to turn on my bedside lamp, only to realize that there isn't one. "What?" I ask myself silently, confused.

I begin to panic as I realize that I am not in my own bed, and quite possibly not even in my own apartment. What happened last night? Oh, right, I passed out after walking all the way to Haven's Place after fleeing from Suga. I take inventory of my surroundings. From what I can see in this darkened room it would appear that I am not at the hospital, which means I must still be at Haven's Place. But it's odd. I've never seen this room before.

I am blinded by the light that suddenly floods the room with the arrival of another person. I rub my eyes gingerly before squinting to get a good look. Ah, Kookie.

"How are you feeling noona?" He asks me gingerly as he sits on the edge of the bed. I wonder if this is his room. It would certainly explain why I haven't seen it before. I have always made it a point not to enter the resident's rooms. But why Kookie's room of all places? "You scared the piss out of me when you collapsed on the front steps! What were you doing running barefoot in the rain?"

I lift the blanket to look down at my feet. Was I barefoot? Why didn't I ever notice that? I suppose I must have been truly distraught by my little argument with Suga. Not that I can tell Kookie that. I don't feel as if it would be stretching it to say that he might actually murder the guy, and that's the last thing Kookie needs right now. So instead I decide to tell him a little white lie.

"I don't remember Kookie," I tell him tiredly.

All I want to do is crawl back beneath the covers and go to sleep. My head is pounding and my entire body is sore. I must have caught the flu from my ungrateful housemate. Wonderful. I groan. As much as I'd like to remain in bed all day I simply can't. Especially not here of all places. If I am at work, it is time to work. I shift slightly, throw the covers off of my legs, and attempt to get up. Unfortunately for me Kookie is much faster than I, and harbors no intentions of allowing me to rise.

"Oh no you don't Noona, you're on bedrest until further notice!" He says sternly as he pushes me back down. I no longer have the energy to get up, something I am sure that Kookie must be insanely grateful for if my personal experience with Suga is anything to go by. Despite the fact that I am angry at him I can't help but wonder how he is doing in the apartment by himself. Or if he's managed to run away again. Shit!

What if he has run away again? He's not safe on the streets, and I'm sure that he knows that, but after last night he may have fled regardless. If anything happens to him it will be entirely my fault, and I can't allow it.

"Kookie, I've got to go! Suga is home all alone and it's not safe! He needs me!" I yell as I struggle against his muscular arm which is currently holding me down. My struggles are futile however, the bunny hybrid is much stronger than I and his arm is not budging in the slightest.

"But he doesn't want you, does he?" He asks softly, hurt shining in his eyes.

I blanch. Maybe my co-workers are not wrong after all. I can't deny Kookie's extreme fondness for me. But I brush the thought away. Just because he cares about me and trusts me doesn't mean he wants into my pants. Doesn't mean he harbors any romantic feelings for me, right? I am taken aback as he swings his own legs into the bed and pulls my back flush against his chest.

"If you won't stay on your own, then I have no other choice but to make you rest," he says firmly.

His arms snake around my body, holding me firmly to his rather solid build. My initial objections die on my tongue as Kookie's warmth lulls me back to sleep. He snuggles into me, not content to have a hairs distance between us. "When will you notice me Noona?" He asks quietly, sadness evident in his voice, before drifting off to sleep himself.