CHAPTER ELEVEN

Things have been pretty quiet for the last couple of weeks. Both Kookie and Suga seem to be avoiding each other, and though they occasionally throw each other the stink eye, there's been little else.

My search for qualified staff has been put on hold. With only two hybrids under this roof it seems too unessecary to hire a whole crew. Instead, I handle meals and education, and the boys help with cleaning.

Kookie, it turns out, is riddled with ADHD and nearly completely unable to sit still or pay attention in any real capacity. And of course Suga uses this to his advantage. He's constantly rubbing the fact that he's "smarter" in Kookie's face.

It's exasperating in the extreme.

Much like the fact that the pot I need is stored far too high up for me to reach. I'm half tempted to tell the boys to fend for themselves, but God only knows what trash they'll stuff their faces with if I don't cook. So, I pull up a chair and climb onto the counter, determined not to be thwarted by something as trivial as height.

I can just barely feel the edges of the pot and after stretching for all I am worth I manage to wrap my slender fingers around the pots handle. An exclamation of triumph erupts from my open mouth, and then, I am falling.

It's true what they say, about your life flashing before your eyes I mean. There are so many things that I regret, as I watch my mistakes play before my eyes. But any minute now I'm going to snap my neck in two and all my regrets will be pointless. I close my eyes, willing myself to be prepared for the impact.

But then, the miraculous happens. I'm not sure how long I've been stationary, but when I open my eyes Suga's own bright orbs are starting directly into my very soul. I am so thankful that the unthinkable happens.

I kiss him.

Not a peck on the cheek, or even a light peck on the mouth. No. I go full in and for a moment my lips are the only one's moving. Tears, born of rejection, sting in the corners of my eyes as I force him to put me down. But the moment my feet have touched the floor I am suddenly pinned against the counter.

"I was surprised, " he whispers, hovering before my face as he scrutinizes me. "I've been trying to give you some space. Seemed like you needed it."

I shake my head in response, spellbound by his beauty. "I dont want space, " I tell him softly.

That's all he needed to hear apparently. His lips are so soft, and his kiss surprisingly gentle. Nevertheless I am consumed by passion, even before his hands begin to wander. I don't even care that this is taking place in the kitchen, in full view of the living room.

I gasp into the kiss when his insisting fingers find my already engorged nipples. God, I want this man. I shouldn't. But I do. There isn't enough denial in the world to pretend otherwise at this point.

It feels as if he is inside of my bloodstream, consuming me from the inside until there is nothing left. And it's glorious. I can feel the hard planes of his chest against my own, and my fingers itch to explore its every crevasse.

So why hold back?

My hands slip beneath his graphic t-shirt with ease. Surprising given my lack of experience and the shakiness of my limbs. I groan in appreciation for the smooth skin beneath my finger tips. Of course, Suga seems to enjoy it too, if his answering growl is any indication.

But then, to my immediate confusion, he is pulling away. Of course, I try to chase that delicious friction, only to for him to step back even further.

"I want you Hazel, " he groans. "So badly. But if this doesn't stop I'm going to fuck you on the kitchen counter. You deserve better. And I want so much more than just this. I want us to be so much more than this."

I run my fingers through my hair shakily, thrown off by the sudden change in mood. "I think, " I near whisper. "I think I'd like that too."

A beautiful and gummy smile spreads across his face. I can already feel the burn in my cheeks, a direct result of my own smile.

"Also, " he says. "Next time, let me get the damned pot."