CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Yoongi, darling, I've missed you so much!" The woman at the door exclaims loudly. "Get your things, were going home."

I bristle at the statement.

Long, blonde hair frames an innocent looking face in gentle waves. But her face, while delicate and innocent as a dolls, hides a sinister soul. If this woman is who I think she is, she's done terrible things to Yoongi.

"Excuse me, " I assert, making my way to the door with confidence. "You are not allowed here and Yoongi is not going anywhere with you. If you want to talk about signing his release paperwork, I will meet you elsewhere, but not here. This place is his home, his safe space. You don't get to invade that."

She has the gall to attempt to barrel straight past Yoongi, and into my house. Needless to say she doesn't make it very far.

Jungkook has come to join us at the door, and he apparently has no qualms in regards to using force to keep intruders out. Without care for her well being he pushes her back, taking position in front of Yoongi who is frozen in what I can only imagine to be fear.

"You heard her. Leave." He warns her menacingly.

The bitch laughs in response.

"I'm afraid, dear, that you cannot bar me from seeing my own pet. He belongs to me, and that's the law." She tells me haughtily.

But I'm about to burst her bubble.

"See, I actually can." I tell her smugly, taking satisfaction in the way she founders momentarily. I'll admit, I'm not proud of it, but damn does it feel good. "Legally speaking you have no right to claim a hybrid that has been missing for over three years."

"Yeah?" She spits. "Then why do you need my signature to free him?"

"Would you like to speak to your lawyer and find out?" I ask politely.

But truly, it is a statement meant to frighten her. If there is anything I've learned over the years of this line of work, it's that people really don't like it when lawyers get involved. I expect that any minute now her will is going to crumble, and she'll agree to sign the paperwork.

"Surely. After all, it isn't like I pay him hundreds of dollars for nothing. Of course, if we have to take such a pitiable affair to court it might sully my lawyers pristine reputation. He only takes big cases, you see?" She smirks at me, clearly cognizant of what it was that I was attempting.

Doesn't matter though. I'm about to make her eat that grin.

"Oh, you poor thing. It would definitely be a stain on your lawyers record. Why don't I give you my lawyers card?" I say, reaching into my pocket to pull out my wallet as I speak. I hand over the card, tiptoing to reach over Jungkook's ridiculously massive body and grinning from ear to ear as I watch her grow pale. "Why don't you have your lawyer call mine?"

She throws the card back into my face, fancy gold lettering reflecting light against the ceiling of my abode. After all, my lawyer is one of the best in Washington state.

Mr. Wallace has never lost a case after all. And he's the sort of man who is always itching for a cause.

"This isn't over, " she sneers at me.

"You're right, " I tell her calmly. "And it's only going to get worse for you from here on out."

"Is that a threat?" She explains eyes widened in shock. "Did you just threaten me?"

I smile, amused by her question. "Oh no, just stating the facts is all."

Grabbing Yoongi, I make my way back to the bedroom that we now share. "I trust that you'll contact me properly soon." I yell behind me, not even bothering to turn around.

The satisfaction that I feel as Jungkook slams the door in her face is absolutely priceless.  But Yoongi, on the other hand, is stiff as a board. Mechanically, he allows me to pull him along.

And when we reach the bedroom, he doesn't even resist, allowing me to push him down and onto the bed easily. I lift his feet, removing his shoes before swinging them onto the bed. He is complacent as I tuck him in, not offering even the smallest sign of cognizance. But as I turn to leave, eager to call Mr. Wallace and explain the situation, he reaches out to stop me.

"Please, " he begs brokenly "don't go."

How can I say no when he is like this?

So I crawl into the bed behind him, allowing him to turn around and wrap his arms around me. I embrace him in return, soothingly stroking his hair as I offer what comforting words I can.

"It's gonna be okay, " I tell him kindly. "She can't hurt you now."

For now, at least, calling the lawyer can wait.