More Than Sex

Clarke shook her head. A date? He couldn't be serious. What would they talk about? She knows nothing about him, well, she does but nothing substantial, nothing real. How would they... it doesn't make sense.

"Hey," she finally heard after the fourth ring.

"About time, Niylah, I couldn't..."

"I'm sorry, babe, I was with a customer. What's up?"

"You know how we were casual when I lived there."

"Pure orgasmic sex, yes."

"Glad to know I rocked your world. Well, I met a man," Clarke peeked over the bathroom stall to make sure she was alone. "And it was the best sex of my life and I think it was his too but all he wanted was sex so I broke it off with him. I was done, but today he asked me on a date and I don't know if it's because he misses the sex and is just giving me what I want or because he actually cares and wants to be with me."

"Well he'd be an idiot not to want you but he could just want the sex back."

"That's what I'm afraid of. I want more than sex."

"So have a trial. He asked you on a date so you say yes but on one condition, he doesn't touch you. If he can respect that the whole night then he passes but if he doesn't then you know he just wants sex."

"And if I trip and he catches me before I break my face?"

Niylah laughed, "That's an exception to the rule but no lingering touches once you're upright."

"Yeah," Clarke said, her mind reeling with opportunities to drive Bellamy insane while he can't do a damn thing to her. "Thank you, Niylah, I didn't really have anyone else to call."

"It's fine, Clarke. I'm always here if you need to talk."

"I appreciate that."

"I should go, someone just walked in. Keep me posted on this date."

"I will," Clarke promised just before she heard the click of Niylah dropping the phone in the counter of her store.

Clarke stepped out of the stall and came face to face with a smirking Harper. "I knew it," she smirked. Clarke went to the sink and washed her hands.

"Knew what?"

"You and Mr. Blake, he's been different since you started wearing pants to work."

"That... that's because I'm done listening to his misogynistic bullshit. He's an asshole that needed a taste of his own medicine so pants and he doesn't get to treat me like his property."

Harper grimaced, "His property?"

"There's a lot of our interactions that people don't see. It's... strained isn't the right word for it, maybe right now it is but... it's complicated."

"Do you want to date him?"

"I think I always have," Clarke admitted for the first time since walking away and it felt different, somehow eternal and it was scary, she didn't think wanting him would be so scary and maybe that means it's more. Maybe that means she feels more for him than she's willing to admit but she couldn't think about that. She couldn't ask for more when she's barely getting any.

"Are you going to tell him?"

"I wasn't going to, but that phone call you were pretending not to listen in on, it was my ex—kind of—she told me to tell him and she's one of those people who lives without regret. I should listen to her."

"But you're scared," Harper said, realizing that there might be a hell of a lot more than what Clarke is telling her. "It's okay to be scared, we all are but that's what life is all about, diving in head first. So you should tell him and tell him now before you chicken out."