Hide the Cannoli

"You fought with Octavia?"

"It wasn't a fight."

"Clarke," Bellamy scolded.

"It wasn't, she took me to the cemetery to see your mother, for approval or whatever and I refused. Octavia doesn't know a thing about your childhood, do you really think I want your mother's approval with everything I know? Because I don't."

"Clarke, Octavia loves our mother, she has good memories of her. Doesn't remember the drugged haze she was under when O was a toddler, only remembering the mom that held two jobs and brought home pizza and ice cream and cherry pie. She doesn't remember her father or the drugs and men. She doesn't need to know about any of it, she got a mom for seven years, she's fine."

Clarke nodded, "I'm sorry, I just hate what you've been through."

He nodded and pulled her into a hug. "Me too."

"You don't need permission to kiss me, you just—if you feel like it..."

Bellamy laughed in her hair, "I always feel like it. I promise I'm working on it."

The guys his stepfather pimped him out to... Clarke grimaced and pulled away, "No, it slipped my mind, I'm sorry."

"Hey, don't apologize, that's my job. I usually do it with a copious amount of sex, but I think a kiss will work right now," he smiled and bent down, pressing a chaste kiss to Clarke's temple before turning back to the fish he had cooking on a skillet.

Clarke smiled, two steps forward. "So what are you making again?"

"Technical name is butter basted halibut with lemon braised baby vegetables."

"So fish and vegetables," she smiled.

"Fish and vegetables," he laughed.

"I'm sorry I almost told Octavia about what her father put you through."

"You didn't."

"Have I told you that I love you today?" Clarke asked, settling back on the bar stool he had a glass of chardonnay waiting for her.

"No, you haven't. I love you too."

Clarke took a sip of her wine and sighed, "God, whatever wine this is, we definitely need to get more. This is my new favorite."

"I'll get right on that. So, I know you two aren't talking or whatever it is girls do after they fight over one's parents, she asked me if you're going to her place for Thanksgiving or going to New York."

"Thanksgiving with her and Christmas with my mom. Do you... would you want to come with me or is that moving too quick?"

"I think its fine timing, but I do think I should talk to Echo about it."

"Whatever you need. I don't want to push you."

"You're not pushing me, it's the beginning of November and that's the end of December, a lot can happen in that time. Are you going to tell your mom about me?"

"I should, I don't talk to her unless I have to, she is not the easiest person to deal with."

"So maybe I shouldn't go," he turned the burners off and began plating their meals.

"No, you should talk to Echo about it before making curt decisions. She's my mom and I doubt she's going to like you at first but I'm hoping she sees what I see in you and likes you by the time we leave."

"Are you going to make me take a whole week off to go to New York with you?"

"I already requested off for the twenty first to the twenty eighth, you can come that Friday or Saturday if you feel more comfortable."