She Will Be Loved

Clarke looked amazing in the red dress, a real smile vibrant on her face for the first time in years and Bellamy wondered how fleeting it would be. Her effervescence a new sight to behold and Bellamy was glad he's able to see it after so long. She deserves to be happy, she deserves the world and Bellamy hopes to give her that someday.

He should have been watching his sister, listening to her vows, or Lincoln's, but he couldn't. His eyes were glued on Clarke.

Her eyes welled with tears and she brushed them away, catching him staring and her smiled softened.

I love you, he mouthed and her smile widened again before turning to Lincoln and Octavia just before the kiss and Bellamy smiled, happy for his sister for finding love, for listening to him two years ago.

They walked down the aisle and Clarke and Raven and Lincoln's burly groomsmen went with them and Bellamy met Clarke outside to head over to the reception.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look today?"

"Only on days where I get my makeup professionally done, so does it really count?" She teased and he shook his head before taking her hand from her thigh.

"I love you more than anything."

"I love you too. I really can't believe that you told Octavia to ask Lincoln to marry her and it still took them two years."

"Hey, they did the thing. They're happy."

"You look happy," she said, squeezing his hand.

"I am. My sister just married the one guy I trust her with and my girlfriend looks... delicious, so I am very happy. How are you doing?"

"Today is a good day. They've been happening more and more frequently."

"Because you're leaving for a month or..."

"Bellamy, it's a book tour you've made me go on them twice before. I have Miller with me, I can't do anything."

"I'll be in New York when you guys get there, okay?"

"You don't have to."

"I have more job interviews to do."

"And you hate delegating," Clarke smirked. "I promise that I won't avoid you in New York."

Bellamy chuckled, "You have a busy schedule with shitty traffic, I'm only expecting dinner."

"Oh, I think I can squeeze in dinner."

They pulled into the parking lot of the venue and Bellamy helped her out of the car and walked into the building. It wasn't Bellamy's first time being in the space since its completion and it stuck to the red and silver theme that Bellamy thought was weird but Clarke said it was a nice pairing so he kept his mouth shut. What did he know about color anyway?

"I know we helped them set up yesterday, but the finishing touches we weren't allowed to see really brings it all together," Clarke said softly, leaning into him a little more than usual. She's been doing that, making sure he was there more securely than necessary, especially in public, in crowds. He didn't get it but he wasn't going to leave her, that's for certain.

"Yeah, it really looks great," he smiled, squeezing her hand in reassurance.

They sat at the head table to the left of Octavia, congratulating them again. As the night went by Nyko and Clarke made their best man and maid of honor speeches and Bellamy grimaced before he stood and grabbed everyone's attention.

"As most of you know, I am Octavia's older, overbearing, annoying, brother and in the beginning of their relationship, not the biggest fan of Lincoln's. She's my baby sister and he's older than me, I didn't approve in the slightest."