Help from My... Therapist

BELLAMY:

"You've been coming to me for three months and you haven't told me why you have these urges, just that you want them to stop," Echo said and Bellamy breathed, it's suppressed, but not so much as he'd thought... wanted to think it was.

"I don't want to talk about that."

"Bellamy, you keep talking about your princess, about how she wants you to be with her in the moment. Whatever this memory is that keeps you from her, talking about it will help. That's why you come here."

"I don't want to talk about that."

"Was it your step-father?"

"I can walk out of here any time I want! I don't want to talk about him!" Bellamy yelled at Echo. She didn't deserve it.

"That is why you are here, to better yourself, become the better version of you. Your words from our first session."

"I—" he sighed.

"We can sit here again for the next thirty-five minutes or we can talk about what you need to talk about."

"My father died when I was three. I don't remember him, I wish I did, I feel like I'd understand some things about myself more. My mother met Cage when I was four, he... he didn't care for me. My mom tried to include me in the things they did but he gave her drugs, I don't really know what but she was an addict by the time Octavia was born. I was in charge of my baby sister since I was seven and I don't regret it, but I also wish I had a childhood."

"Do you blame Cage for getting your mom addicted and making you raise your sister when you were just a child yourself?"

"To an extent. She was a recovering addict before I was born, she tried to better herself for me, for my father, she knew she couldn't have a family and have an addiction that took money away from us. I blame him for bringing alcohol back into the house, not caring about her over indulgence."

Echo nodded, writing her notes, which drove Bellamy crazy. "What did he do to you specifically?" she asked, leaning forward, elbows on her clipboard clad knees.

"I'm not talking about that."

"Bellamy, it's the only way. You came to me for help, to become a better version of yourself but you won't let me in. I know you've been having a sexual relationship with your assistant and you claim to be in love with her and she doesn't believe you due to the aspects of your relationship, though that hasn't been touched upon either. You're overbearing towards your sister and her boyfriend who's clearly been wanting to propose for a while, but respects or fears you too much to do anything about that."

"He doesn't fear me."

"Respect then. You won't expand on any of it, you've complained about your job and stress, but you haven't gone past skin deep. If you don't tell me what Cage did to you, then at least tell your princess."

"She can't know!"

"Could we have her at a session? Help her understand your side?"

"You want Princess to come here? So she can mock me?"

"If she cares for you as I've been lead to believe she does, she wouldn't mock you. We could also get a better view of her perspective."

"Like marriage counselling?"

"Sure, but I'm a sex therapist first and foremost."

"You're serious?"

"Yes, we could add an extra hour on after this one with her here if you'd like."