The Roast of Bellamy Blake

Bellamy sat on the couch and sighed, a Stella in one hand and a plate of finger food in the other. He didn't want to be there. He's their fucking boss for God's sake, not their friend. Yeah, he's Miller's friend, but he's also his boss too. It's just another time where he has to keep his distance from Clarke. She's across Monty's apartment talking to Harper and Octavia.

He tries not looking at her, he does, but he can't help it. He also can't help thinking about the burgundy lingerie she sent him a picture of an hour before he arrived. He could have said no, he should have and he should have called her to come over. He's pining after her from across the room and he hates it. He can't touch her here and he wants to touch her, he wants to run his mouth over her soft pale skin and bring her to infinite euphoria.

"Dude, you've been sitting here for an hour, not talking to anyone with this hateful glare over your face," Miller smirked sitting next to him.

"Why am I here? These people work for me."

"These people are just people, Blake. They have feelings and opinions and they want to know you for you because they don't believe me when I tell them that you're actually fun."

"I'm not," he grumbled, forcing down some warm beer holding back a gag.

"You can be if you let loose, but you reserve that for the Princess now, don't you?"

"Shut up, Miller."

"That's usually Murphy, I feel like I've been downgraded."

"Well, you're annoying me like he does."

"God forbid someone tries pulling you out of your comfort zone to make everyone else's lives less worrisome."

"Worrisome?"

"Your wordsmithing has rubbed off on me boss," he smirked.

"I could be reading a manuscript," he sighed.

"Then go. Really, you don't have to be here, Monty and Harper will understand that you have the biggest stick up your ass."

"Miller..."

"Hey," he heard a soft voice say over his shoulder and he looked over and Clarke was leaning over the back of the couch with a smile splaying across her soft, plump lips. "Are you going to sit here alone all night or are you going to get to know any of the people that work for you?"

"Honestly, I'm waiting to take you home."

Clarke chuckled, "Dream on, boss man."

He smirked, "Don't be a pariah talking to the boss."

"The boss was invited as a fun guest and he's neglecting half his title role, put up or get out."

"Don't challenge me, Princess. I'm plenty fun and you know it."

"So show your fun side and let loose," she smiled and Bellamy knew she was drunk the moment her lips landed on his cheek. There was also the sobering effect of everyone in the room whooping as they watched.

"Who'd you tell?"

"There's nothing to tell," she chuckled pulling away and back towards the rest of their coworkers.

He wanted this, he reminded himself, he wanted to see her outside work and their apartments—her apartment—but a party with everyone they work with and his sister was too much too soon and there definitely wasn't enough sober people to make sure that everyone gets home safely.

"Come on, worrywart, pick a drinking game and we'll all play," she called out and the entire room cheered and Bellamy groaned. He's too old for drinking games.