You're Not Alone

Clarke stuck her hand through the closing elevator door to stop it, she was running late with absolutely no reason aside from thinking that her wardrobe was too plain, too blah. She never worked in an office, she was always in scrubs or sweats at home or fucking ball gowns for her mother's events to show her off.

She stared at her closet wondering if any of it was appropriate, even though Octavia approved half of them already. It was her brother's company, why would she lie?

"Miss Griffin," Bellamy said when she stepped into the elevator and she swallowed rather obviously. There were five other people in the elevator with them and Clarke really shouldn't be as nervous about seeing him as she was.

"Mr. Blake," she nodded with a small smile before turning her back to him and stared at the doors as it began to ascend.

"How was your weekend? Did you explore any part of the city?"

"It was good, and no, I—I didn't leave my apartment, I'm still trying to get everything organized. I didn't realize how my apartment really looked because I was rarely there."

"I didn't realize med school was that busy."

"Residency was," she corrected.

The elevator dinged as it came to a stop at the fifteenth floor and Clarke moved further into the elevator to get out of the way of the two people who were getting off and Bellamy moved next to her, the other three people in front of them. His hand moved to the small of her back and settled there, where no one could see it.

"We don't really get stories about doctors coming in," he nodded, a way for him to get away with his medical education ignorance.

"Four years of college with a pre-med bachelor's degree, four years in medical school after that and then four years of residency, one where you're given every shitty job with the rare reward of the simplest surgical procedure, two of being a glorified assistant, not that the first year wasn't like that too but the doctors have their favorites and know everyone's supposed strengths at that point, and you get better experience in each field, narrowing down what field you want to get into and the last two years, you get to assist and do the actual procedure on your own and they say it's the most rewarding, but I just..." Clarke shook her head as Bellamy's hand slipped farther and farther down her back to her buttock. "I didn't want to do any of it."

"And here I was thinking I hired a neurosurgeon," Bellamy smirked and Clarke smiled.

"Another year and it would have been a possibility."

There was something about the look in his eyes that told Clarke they wouldn't be talking if the three other people weren't there. She wouldn't take it as far as a hunger, but his eyes were darker than what she'd been used to the week before.

The elevator stopped two more times and everyone but Clarke and Bellamy were out of the elevator. The moment the doors were closed Bellamy pressed into her behind, his erection prominent as he ground into her ass.

"My office," he growled.

"Sir?" Clarke asked looking up over her shoulder at him.

He groaned, "Yeah, you're going to be calling me that a lot now."

The elevator dinged before the doors opened and Bellamy nodded to her. "Act natural, You come to my office first thing in the morning anyway," he smirked devilishly as he stepped around her and Clarke blinked before letting out a shuttered breath and stepped out and went to the kitchen first because what in the fuck?!