Chapter 8:Date gone Wrong

Thanks for all the views

Hit the vote ✅

POV Irony Rose

The distressful howl of the wind was all I heard,I focus my attention towards the entrance as I awaited for the man who I was suppose to be on a date with.He was late.A total seven minutes late,I sighed as I began to doubt he would even come.

"Your cocktail Madame."The waiter placed my drink in front of me,I nodded my head turning my attention towards the outside of the window I felt as if I was ditched and I felt like I was played once again.Sipping the cocktail I stood up,I picked up my purse as I prepared to leave,I stopped as I felt an tower hover over me.

"Your late."I whispered bothering to turn around,I dropped my scarf on to the chair as I sat back down placing my purse on my lap.
"Actually I am not."He spoke,I looked towards the restaurant clock which clearly showed he was ten minutes late.
"Your either blind or your just trying to get yourself out with a lame excuse."I spoke,he snickered and shook his head.

"Nor am I blind or making an excuse.The clock is ten minutes ahead,it's seven o clock.He showed his phone as the bold white writing was clear.ohh great;I mentally whispered to myself.
"Well I am following the clock,so you late."I huffed,he rolled his eyes before looking around and lifting his index finger and instantly a waiter walked to our table.

"How may i help you sir."The man spoke rather politely,I rolled my eyes as my eyes scanned the menu.
"Your timing is wrong."Xavier spoke,my head snapped towards her as he looked at the confused waiter.
"I'm sorry...What?"The waiter narrowed his eyebrows confusingly.

"The Clock...Times wrong."Xavier said pointing towards the clock which hung on the wall opposite to us,
"Ugh...Yes,the time has changed it's become ten minutes ahead be will arrange that to the right time."I closed my eyes covering my face with the menus,how did I not know this.Hes trying to embarrass you,I mentally whispered to myself.

"Can I have Alfredo Pasta with green salad in the side and a cocktail."I said eying the empty glass,I grabbed my glass placing it on the waiters hands.
"Oh and can you wipe it with a cloth I don't want my glass to have and finger stains."I smiled the waiter looked at me before nodding his head and jotting my order down.

"For you sir?"The waiter questioned.
"Beef Stroganoff with pasta and a large beer."He ordered,the waiter smiled before hurrying away quickly.
Grabbing the white cloth I placed it on my lap,tying my lose hair in a loose pony before looking up at Xavier who stared at me.

"Typical spoilt child."He said,I gasped as I looked around before looking back at the man in front of me.
"Mr King keep your opinion to yourself,I am not spoilt,watch what you are saying about me."I gritted out as he looked at me and shook his head.
"No person places a cloth on their lap,they don't tie their hair up and they do not complain about finger stains on there glass."He spoke in a breath,I stared In disbelief,who did he think he was?

"I do,I enjoy keeping myself clean and to make sure no stains would remain on my dress it's a Chanel dress,and for the stains on my glass I am sorry you found it rather...Unnatural."I spoke standing up as I opened my purse slamming the note of money on the table before wrapping the scarf around my neck and preparing myself to leave.

"Were are you going?"Xavier questioned,I glared at him angrily.
"I should have never agreed to this,I am certainly no the Isabelle who cried and found your words stinging I will not allow you to treat me like before I am not Isabelle I am Irony Rose."I whispered angrily,I did not want a scene as I was about to leave another waiter approached us with out food.

"Sir your food and Madame."The blonde hair waiter spoke,I opened my mouth to tell the waiter to pack my dish up but Xavier beat me to it.
"Thank you."Xavier said placing a tip on the waiters tray who nodded and walked away.
"Sit,I will not hurt your ego any further."He spoke I sighed and sat back down,he looked at me as I just stared at the dish in front of me grabbing the fork I twisted the noodle around my fork before lifting it to my lips.

"You've changed."He spoke after a good minute of awkward silence,I looked up at him and bored my eyes into his mysterious blank eyes.
"I wonder why?"I spoke,my eyes dropped down to my Alfredo as I placed another piece of noddles to my mouth before chewing on it.
"Can we...Can we not argue."He sighed as he spoke,I looked at him and nodded in agreement if I wanted to get this over with then I might as well end it in a good way.After all I do not want him stalking me again.

"How have you been?"He questioned I sipped my cocktail,and looked at him.
"Great...Fantastic.How about you?"My words spoke out loud,he nodded his head lifting his chicken to his lips before chewing his food.
"Good.I know what happened-What I said before I left was-"I cut his words off and added my own,
"Horrible,mean,crushing."I spoke he nodded his head and closed his eyes sighing.

"We were both young,our families were rival and your family-"I knew where this was leading and I refused to allow my family to be blamed in something his family was equally at fault.
"You can not blame my family,we had lost something just as much as you had."I spoke,he nodded his head and looked at me.

"I fell out of love."He spoke,I dropped my folk onto the plate the loud noise of a metal connecting with a glass was pretty loud making many head snapped towards me.
"I know."I whispered,my eyes held no emotion as I stared at him.
"You were not perfect for me and at that time she was."He said indicating to the women who I began to loath after the day he left me for a women who he believed was reachable for his status.

"Why are you back?Why can't you just leave me alone?"I questioned he sighed leaning back on the chair behind.
"I want you."I scoffed at his words,the three words and eight letters there were many words which was three words and eight letters but this one held dominance and authority it was 'he needed me' but 'he wanted me'.

"We,"I indicated towards the both of us with my index finger-"Are never going to happen again,the two rival family's only shed blood but they do not shake hands."I gritted out as I stared into his eyes.
"I am not giving up,I am a King and I never learnt the word defeat."I rolled my eye at him,it was true his family name was filled with power as they saw themselves above everyone but I was keen to my words and I too can be just as stubborn.

"You cheated on me,your family left my family in ruins your now what they did,they killed the one person so close to us and here you are so shameless and have the audacity to want me back;shame on you."