Chapter 7

Natasha approached the heavily guarded detention area, mind, set on getting to the bottom of Loki's plan.

Even after discussing with Lorelie and what she talked about with Loki, the woman had confessed that there was nothing. The god was much too clever for his own good.

So back to square one, Natasha had made Lorelie swear to her that the moment she realized something was up, she had to tell them.

Lorelie grudgingly promised at that.

Natasha had to admit that if Lorelie couldn't even get through Loki then surely that must mean something else entirely.

Stealthily walking forward, she made her way to the front of Loki's cell and stood there, debating.

A part of her wanted to kill Loki for what he did to Barton, even more so when Lorelie risked everything to help.

It was ridiculous, could she not see Fury and her were only trying to keep her safe? Natasha knew it wasn't fair to keep her locked up like that.

But orders were orders.

That girl was much more trouble than she was worth.

What, with the Cube at large, Lorelie was in danger of becoming the very thing she feared off and over Natasha's dead body will she let that happen.

She knew something was wrong after Lorelie failed to rejoin them at the safehouse in Africa.

Natasha and Barton did everything possible to find her, They searched and searched, but she was just gone. All traces of her had disappeared.

She was pronounced dead after the first year.

And then, two years later, there was information of a new threat by the horizon. Something SHIELD had never encountered.

She was sent to incapacitate the threat but was shocked when she found out who it was.

Lorelie.

Only it wasn't her.

She was someone else entirely. With the abilities of a superhuman.

Natasha remembered the death and destruction that was left behind by Lorelie. She was one of the few that escaped.

SHIELD did everything possible to capture her alive. It took years, and when they finally captured her, it took another full year to finally get through to her and remove whatever HYDRA placed in her.

The chaos left behind by the former agent was more than enough for the Board of Directors to ultimately make a decision.

In fear that Lorelie might turn back to her old ways, she was to be deemed as deceased. Killed in Action. So that no one would come looking for her.

Sadly even Barton thought she was dead.

Now she was living as normal as one can get despite the fact of being locked up.

Natasha knew Lorelie hated being alone and left out. The answers she wanted were hard to obtain even more so when Nick said he was still searching.

Believe it or not, before Lorelie was a trained assassin by SHIELD her past had already been a ghost story.

SHIELD took her in at a young age and she became one of the youngest to join Natasha in a mission.

Natasha knows Lorelie could not remember anything whilst under HYDRA's thumb and never sought it out until today when she remembered.

She could only wonder what that mean.

"There's not many people that can sneak up on me."

Loki turns around, finally seeing the spy who had been standing solidly in front of the glass cell.