Chapter 30

"Blues?"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"You didn't even-"

"NO."

"Pepper!"

"Like what Riley says; NO."

I smirked over the monitor, and virtually high fived Pepper making her do the same in return.

The both of us were pretty used to dealing with Tony's childish charade by now, it almost always comes up.

During my break with Tony, he introduced me to Pepper and we instantly bonded.

Sometimes I feel like Tony actually gets jealous about it.

Tony looks between Pepper and me and from the monitor I see him crossing his arms over his chest with a scowl.

"I already have one party pooper in my life now I have to deal with you too?" Tony mock glares at me.

"Blues, you should be as reckless as I am."

I sighed loudly, running a hand through my hair as I sat by the bench outside of the hospital room.

"Oh, I am reckless Tony. Just not the type you'd like coming from me."

He tilts his head to the side to look at me from the monitor he probably expanded to add to his more overdramatic ways.

"I don't know if I like the sound of that."

Do you hear that? That's Tony's protectiveness kicking in.

"Alright Iron Man, time to get ready." Pepper strode over to Tony and picked up his jacket along the way.

Tony pouted at Pepper as she threw his jacket and left the garage.

"Yes Tony, look away." I cooed, like a deep narrator. "Another one of your women, leaving you behind..."

I burst out laughing when Tony gives me a sizable glare. "Not cool Blues," He huffed, straightening the jacket.

"Mmhm, sure, where you going again?"

He hops over the bar and busies himself with something when he looks up to answer me, but then he just freezes and frowned.

"I don't actually know."

"Smart,"

He ignores my jab and hops over the counter once more to pick up the monitor.

He smalls it so we could only see each other's faces.

"What are you up to these days?"

Leaning back on the bench I shrugged. "Missions are tough but it's nothing I can't handle."

"Like that makes it any easier," He scoffs, picking up a glass with what I assume to be alcohol since he was dumping it down.

Seriously it's early afternoon.

"Tony this is my job. It's what I'm trained to do. If I have the ability to help others why not?"

"Are you forgetting the part where your childhood was basically a blackout?"

Okay, he had a point. But that didn't make it any better. I know he's still salty over the whole SHIELD and HYDRA thing but what could I do.

I bite my lip and debated if I should tell him about the memories that keep resurfacing.