Chapter 19

Something sharp jolted in my brain and I flinched at the intrusion.

"You think you know how to stop it?"

My vision blurred.

"You can't. You won't be able to. You'll die."

In angry haste I shot my hand forward towards the chariot that floated above us, hoping it'd hit Loki.

That damned god had invaded my mind.

How dare he.

Loki spurned away at my attack and left with a smirk. We barely even had time to figure out what to do next when two more spiky whales enter the vortex.

"I'm definitely going to kill you, Crazy!" I shouted angrily, glaring as he flew ahead of us.

"Guys..." Natasha called out a warning.

The rest of the team turn at her request and we all readied ourselves.

"Call it, Captain." Tony looks at Steve expectantly.

Steve doesn't look at Tony but a brief peek into his thoughts tells me he was ready for a fight.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal our priority's containment."

He looks up at the buildings and pointed at them. "Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays."

"Stark you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Riley if you're up there, you think you can knock a few before they hit the ground?"

I nodded in reply and both Barton and I gave each other knowing looks.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asked Tony first.

Tony nodded. "Right. Better clench up Legolas."

"Come back for me once you're done," I added before he grabbed hold of Barton and together they rocketed upwards towards the buildings.

Steve then turns to the Asgardian.

"Thor, you gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow em down. You got the lightning, light the bastards up."

Thor briefly nodded and he swings his hammer gaining him enough wind to fly upwards.

Steve looks at Natasha.

"You and me, we stay on the ground. Keep the fighting here."

Steve turns around to face Hulk who was impatiently looking around. "And Hulk?"

There was a pause.

"Smash."

The hulk grins widely and he jumps forward towards the buildings smashing his way against the Chitauri with apparent glee.

"God, I love it when you give orders." I sighed dreamily, as I crossed my arms over my chest.

Steve raises an eyebrow at my words not at all embarrassed in fact, he looks devilish.

Ooh, playful Captain.

"Um, I know we just met today, but Riley, you're banned from flirting," Came Tony's voice as he landed beside me, the tone implying he was dead serious.

"Hands off, Riley's mine," Natasha grumbled out, giving Steve a glare. She sounded like a mother hen.

I laughed and hopped onto Tony, holding onto dear life as he lands me on top of the high rise buildings.