Chapter 8

Nick Fury walks into the lab, his features furious. Enough said that he was already on edge by Lorelie's confession. He had too many things on his plate.

What on earth were those two doing?

"What are you doing Mr Stark?" He demanded, watching Tony and Banner sit on the table in front of a monitor screen.

"Uh... kind of been wondering the same thing about you," Tony replies sarcastically, jumping off from the table.

Bruce remained where he is.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract." Nick places his hands on his hips, the leather coat he wore spun around him.

"We are." Bruce quipped, giving Nick a suspicious gaze and pointing behind him to another monitor that was actively searching for the Cube.

"The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile."

Tony raises his index fingers and begin to swipe through the monitors in front of him.

"And you'll get your cube back. No muss, no fuss..." Frowning on a file JARVIS successfully archived, he tapped on it. "What is PHASE 2?"

Steve slams a HYDRA gun on the table behind them. All three, turn around to face him, with a shocked expression.

"PHASE 2 is SHIELD uses the Cube to make weapons," Steve growls at Fury, then looks at Tony. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little too slow for me."

Now caught in the crossfire, Nick desperately tries to get rid of the fire. "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean-"

Tony finds the files Nick is hiding and moves the monitor so all of them could see the weapon plans.

"I'm sorry Nick, what, were you--lying?"

The evidence is clear as day. Steve scoffs at the sight and fixed Fury a pointed look. "I was wrong director. The world hasn't changed one bit."

At that moment, Thor and Natasha walked in and sense the confrontation that was happening.

Bruce is pissed, his eyes find the Black Widow's. He did not want to get involved in creating weapons, hell that means more blood on his hands. "Did you know about this?" He demanded.

Natasha and Fury exchanged looks.

Of course, they knew, and even though Natasha heavily disagreed on it, it was either the Cube, or Lorelie.

The Cube was an alternate way of getting Lorelie off the council's eye. They knew she was powerful and they would easily use that to their advantage.

At least with the Cube, Lorelie wouldn't be under their radar for the time being.

But with each second that passed whilst the cube remain at large, the two spies knew Lorelie was moments away from becoming a weapon the council would gladly use.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment doctor?" Natasha expertly evades.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." He scoffs, taking off his glasses in anger.

Natasha notices the tension that is building in Bruce and steps forward. "Loki is manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?" The doctor retorted.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes," The doctor stressed. "And I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy."