=11=

Daeun's P

Daeun's P.O.V

"How was yesterday?", Hyojong asked me at my locker.

I didn't know how to summarize the afternoon I spent with Changbin so I told him the usual, "Good."

"That's good.", Hyojong said. "Do you like having Changbin as your boyfriend?"

"Yea, I guess so. He's nice."

"Cool...", Hyojong said then put his hands in his pockets. "Oh, I remember what I wanted to tell you yesterday!"

"What?", I asked curiously.

"My parents or, the people I call my parents, are getting me a brother...well they didn't put it like that...they're getting another son."

"Oh. That's nice.", I said and zipped up my backpack which I had been putting binders into.

"And...", Hyojong continued. "They said we have to do a house inspection today, to make sure the kid lives in a safe environment."

I looked up at him. "No offence...but house inspection? You're screwed."

"I know.", Hyojong said, then sighed. "We'll just have to act like a caring, loving family."

"And you will also have to hide all of your self harming toys.", I said.

"They're not toys...", Hyojong complained. "They're resources, and I'm not getting rid of them."

"Ugh...whatever.", I said and closed my locker, locking it afterwards.

We began walking down the hallway and Hyojong pointed something out that I didn't exactly think he would.

"Hey, Daeun, your name's on the list, but that doesn't look like your writing.", Hyojong said, pointing at the Talent Show Audition sheet attached to the bulletin board.

"That is my writing...why would it not be my own writing?", I lied and tried to continue walking.

Hyojong grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "That's not your writing, I know your writing!"

"Why does it matter if it's not my writing at all?!", I concluded and yanked my arm away from Hyojong.

To be honest, I didn't want to be mad at Hyojong, and I wasn't. I just didn't want him finding out that I let Hyunjin force me into participating in the talent show. It would make me seem weak, almost like I had feelings for Hyunjin that were stopping me from going against his actions.