=27= cont.

⚠️Warning: AGAIN mature content. (suicide theme & minimal gore)

Zeyu's P.O.V

I arrived at the school to experience my first ever dance. Yes, I was excited, but I wish that I came here hand in hand with Hyojong.

I entered the school building and quickly walked over to the boys' washroom to see how I looked.

A bunch of other boys were gathered in front of the mirror. I was short, and I couldn't see anything but a glimpse of my forehead every two seconds.

Screw it.

I walked out of the washroom and approached the gymnasium where the dance was to be held. The only thing that made me feel a bit a more happy were the bright colours of balloons and other decorations that covered the hallways, also, I was excited to see Areum.

I approached the gym doors that had a big light blue banner that read 'The Coming of Summer' in large golden letters, on top of the doorframe. The door was opened slightly, so I just put my fingers through it and pulled it make enough room for me to go inside.

"Whoa...", I said to myself quietly as I entered the gym.

A lot of people showed up, and there were many colourful lights that filled the supposedly dark room. I scanned the gym to find Areum.

I saw her. Dressed all pretty in lavender colour and had a sliver sparkly bow in her beautifully curled hair. She was talking with a few of the many friends she had, and I think she saw me as well when she started walking towards my direction.

"Hey cutie.", she said and ruffled my hair.

"It took me forever to do this!", I complained jokingly and tried to fix it.

She giggled a little bit. "Here.", she said handing me a cupcake.

"Thanks.", I took the cupcake from her hand and moved closer to her so we were now walking side by side.

"Do you know how to dance?", she asked, almost causing me to almost choke on my cupcake.

"Of course I do! I plan to debut as an idol when I grow up.", I said with some cupcake icing in my mouth.

"Really? You can sing too?", she sat down at a table for two and I sat in front of her.

"Yea.", I answered. "I can sing too."

"How long have you trained?", Areum asked.

"I'm not really a trainee yet. But I practiced a lot in the orphanage- that I was in. And also sometimes at home when I'm by myself."

Should I have told her that I used to live in an orphanage?

"You're so talented.", she said and smiled.

I smiled back at her then the DJ began to speak, and everyone faced him.

"Okay people, let's kick off our dance with a dance-off. The winner gets some candy and also gets to choose the next track. Got it?"

I looked at Areum and she smiled at me.

Nodding students filled the room and people started to get hyped. But a girl in the sixth grade raised her hand with a confused look.