=28=

Daeun's P.O.V

The weekend was supposed to be best time of the week

The weekend was supposed to be best time of the week. Not for me though, I haven't left my room, I didn't want to.

Under the sheets was dark and warm. And I wanted to stay there. At least away from everyone, so no one could see my tear stained face and so I could be alone.

Hyojong's death was probably the worst thing that had ever happened to me since the tragedy that introduced me to depression in the first place.

I heard a knock on the door. And this time my dad wasn't quickly asking if I was breathing or not. So I poked my head out slightly, and so did the person that was on the other side.

My dad let Hyunjin into the house.

I dug my head back under the blanket and I could feel tears coming again once I realized it wasn't Hyojong.

"Daeun!", Hyunjin called and I felt his presence nearing me. "You've been here for the past two days, please stop crying."

"I-I can't.", I said and managed to wipe some tears off of my face. "Hyojong is gone a-and he's not coming back."

Hyunjin removed the blanket off of my body. "But there's nothing anyone can do about it."

I looked up at him and sat up to hug my knees.

"Good things don't last forever, nothing gold can stay, loved ones will eventually be gone so you have to move on."

I put my head down and sniffed, still not having anything to say. Hyunjin was right.

"Listen.", the boy sat down beside me and placed his hand on my back. "Hyojong was a great guy, I really liked him a lot as well, but things happen. And I've experienced the same thing...with my aunt, Isabelle."

I looked up from my knees. "I know."

"Come here...", he said quietly and wrapped his arms around me. I rested my head on his chest.

"You'll be okay. I'm here for you.", he continued.

I closed my eyes and he tightened his loose grip around me.

Thank you Hyunjin.

— • —

Since I had practically stayed in my bed for two days, it gave me a bit of pain as I walked to the washroom to wash my face. Hyunjin stayed in my room and I found him calmly using his phone on my bed when I came back.

I went to sit beside him as I put my hair in a ponytail and I rested my head on his shoulder afterwards.

He turned to look at me. "Are you feeling better? Can I take you out?"