=22=

Daeun's P.O.V

"I'm breaking up with you.", Changbin said.

You're actually breaking up with me right now?

I bit my lip to try and hold back my emotions. "W-Why?", I stuttered. It was evident in my voice that I was about to cry.

"We can still be the best of friends, but I don't think a real relationship is going to work between us. I'm sorry.", he said and walked past me, brushing his shoulder against mine.

I stared at the sidewalk with a blank expression. It was a good thing that nobody made any kind of contact with me, because I will literally punch the next person who walks by.

I don't know what I'm doing to make me a better person, but now I feel like my old self.

The one that told herself everyday to never get into a relationship, or even have such feelings for anyone because in the end, you'll get hurt, and it will hurt really bad. I should have just listened to myself and kept that promise.

But now I can try again, and I won't fail this time. I won't break the promise I made to myself.

I didn't feel like walking, and not caring how embarrassing it was, I crouched down on the spot with my head down and let the tears I had kept in, fall down.

I wiped my face and suddenly felt a hand placed on my back.

"Ah!", I shouted and looked up quickly, without hesitation I turned to my right.

Hyunjin was crouched down beside me.

I thought you hated me. You made me feel like a bad friend.

"Don't touch me.", I muttered and moved closer to the grass.

"Are you okay?", he asked.

"Do I look okay?", I asked and looked at him, making my wet face and dripping mascara visible to him.

"No...", he stood up on his feet.

"Leave me alone.", I said so that he'd go back into Basil Gardens. "I know you're just pretending to like me."

"Says who? I only wanted you to break up with Changbin, and I think he just brok-

"I know what he did!", I yelled at Hyunjin and stood up off the ground.

I began to walk back in the direction of my home, but he pulled my wrist back.

"Come to my house.", he said.

I turned around slowly. "...no.", I said.

"Pleas- we can bake cookies!", he exclaimed.

Now that I think about it, I kind of need something to take my mind off of this whole situation.

"...what about your work?", I asked him looking over at the restaurant beside us.

"Don't worry, you just come with me."

This doesn't change the promise I made to myself though...

— • —

Hyunjin opened the door to his house for me to walk in.

I got inside he closed the door behind us.

"Take off your hood I can't see your face.", Hyunjin told me.

"That's the point.", I said.