Part 2

I felt extremely strange after that night. My mind was full of thoughts and it wasn't because of Matt. Of course, meeting him was a great thing but having a weird conversation with his cocky friend was more intriguing.

I was thinking about Alex a lot that days. His deep voice, smugly smirks and handsome features. The young Elvis has been stuck in 60's wearing his leather jacket and old boots, writing his songs and saying teasing phrases to someone like me. And that was more than unusual. He was a fresh air in my monotonous life and I wanted to breathe him.

Sitting on a chair in a public library on a cold February day felt habitually but this time it was too difficult to concentrate on a book. I picked some science fiction, as usual, and maybe that was a mistake. I felt differently thinking about Alex and needed something else to distract me.

I have to admit it felt like he rented an apartment in my head and moved into it. I wondered what he found more interesting than our conversation that evening. Was it a girl or just a trick to intrigue everybody? He seemed to be too good at leaving questions with no answers.

Looking from a library window on a busy street I felt a desire to see Alex, know where he was and what was doing. What if he was somewhere near? God, what a cliché to think about a guy while watching people walking on the streets. I sighed. That was stupid, in my opinion.

I stood up from my spot and went to the rows of book stacks. I didn't feel like reading today thanks to Alex but I just liked an atmosphere. Going through the rows I was slowly touching the spines of the books with my fingertips feeling an anticipation of something. Something very wrong but interesting as hell.

It was freezing outside but so cosy and empty here, in the library, which let me recollect the evening in the bar easily. My strawberry marmalade name on Alex's lips. That was hard to forget but I didn't have a chance to taste his name. Was it sweet? Bitter? Or none of that? Uh, too many thoughts, too much. I shook my head to get rid of it.

The dust was flying in the air and it could only be seen on the light of the window. I still haven't written a word but how could I? It was impossible to think about finishing the book after meeting someone like Alex. So, I was in some kind of wait state wanting my fate to do something and it wasn't necessary to persuade her long.

Feeling dreamy I turned around and wanted to return to my spot but something at the other end of the raw, near the window, caught my eye. Or should I say, someone?

A slim figure was standing not far away from me holding a book in its hands. Looking attentively, I froze in my spot. It's funny sometimes to see your thoughts in reality.

Nobody else but Alex was standing and reading a book looking extremely good in his usual vintage look. His dark eyes were locked on a content of the book and all of his handsome features were serious. The daylight of the window was trying to penetrate through his space-like unusual figure but that was an impossible thing to do. Anthracite locks of his hair were unnaturally perfect.

I was wondering why he was here. In my favourite library from all the places in the city. I wasn't a nerd but as a writer I loved books and this calm and lonely atmosphere let me write here usually. But him? That was even more intriguing than our first meeting.

'You are bad at spying, aren't you?' a familiar deep voice of his caught me off guard. Alex didn't even look up at me continuing reading but a smug smirk touched his lips. I felt myself weak again not knowing what to say.

'I wasn't spying' I finally stated. What a foolish mistake to lie him. Stupidly.

'Yeah' he muttered pleased with my feeble attempts to look serious as hell. 'You've been watching me for ten minutes now.' Alex suddenly stopped his activity and placed a book on its spot facing me. I felt nervous.