7 Minutes In Heaven

Flash invited his close friends to a party, even those who were in the scholastic decathlon team. A few minutes after the latter arrived, Flash's "popular" group of friends started to leave. He thought of something to make things a bit more interesting: Seven Minutes In Heaven.

      It seemed like everyone that was left at the party joined in. From what was a quiet and boring party suddenly became a loud one, everyone cheering and whistling whenever an unusual pair goes into the closet. Flash seemed to have noticed that Peter was feeling tense. His palms were sweating and his face was redder than ever. He was eyeing on Michelle, his long-time crush even before Liz transferred to Midtown.

  "Hey, Parker." said Flash. Peter lingered one last look at MJ before lending his full attention on Flash.

  "Spin the bottle." He said to him. Peter gulped, audible enough for everyone to hear in the room. And as he spun the bottle with all his might, he crossed his fingers and wished for it to land on Michelle. Weirdly enough, she was wishing the same thing too.

As the bottle spun ever so slowly, preparing itself to stop, everyone held their breath in anticipation. Everyone else wished for Peter to get lucky on a cheerleader, or probably even Madison, the most popular girl in school, but no. Of all the people he was gonna get paired with, it had to be odd, quiet, yet very intelligent Michelle Jones. Peter muttered a faint "Yes!" under his breath that only he could hear. MJ did the same.

      The two stood up and headed towards the closet in Flash's bedroom, where previous pairs like Jane and Austin, Sam and Bailey, and Ricky and Natalie have probably made out in. The two wondered if they would have the courage to do the same.

  "So," Peter started, breaking the ice between them.

  "Us, huh. So weird." said Michelle awkwardly.

Peter just decided to confess immediately, before their 7 minutes ran out. He wasn't going to waste this moment.

  "MJ, I like you." He blurted out, not caring even if his voice was shaking. He held both of Michelle's hands, looking at her glistening brown eyes and she looked back at his. "Ever since the moment we met in kindergarten, when you introduced yourself to me. You were my first friend and crush. Although I may have had a crush on Liz, that didn't mean that you were out of the picture. It was you, and it will always be you. I know it sounds cliche but--" He was suddenly cut off. Next thing he knew, she pulled him in for a kiss of a lifetime, which was also their very first. MJ didn't even notice that a few tears had been trickling down on her cheeks.

Peter had been dreaming of this for quite a while now, and here they were, making out, in Flash Thompson's closet.

      As they both closed their eyes and continued to kiss, they wondered how many minutes had passed by. MJ even thought of the worst: they were probably ditched by Flash and the others. But both of them knew that it was the least of their worries. What mattered was they were both here, alone, enjoying the presence of each other's company.