Something Just Like This

Ned bought Coldplay concert tickets for both him and Peter and he surprised him with it the next day. Both of them were huge fans of theirs. The concert was this upcoming weekend and they both made sure that they were going to finish all of their homework so they could enjoy the weekend without any worries at all. Little did these two know, Michelle, a close friend of theirs, was a big fan of the band too. She decided to come to the concert too, but unfortunately she went alone.

      Once they got to the concert grounds, the band started to play Adventure of a Lifetime, causing everyone on the bottom part of the stadium to jump up and down in time with the beat. Peter and Ned were also jumping along, singing the lyrics to the top of their lungs. So did MJ, even though she wasn't with them.

A few more songs later, Peter realized that he has lost Ned through the crowd. He started to shout his name and found his way around the people. He didn't find Ned though, but he was able to find MJ.

  "Michelle? I mean, MJ, what're you doing here?" He blushed but she didn't notice cause of the different lights flashing.

  "Listening to Coldplay, genius."

  "Have you seen Ned anywhere?" He asked.

  "No. You know, it's really hard trying to find someone among this many people."

  "Yeah, I realized that."

  "Which is why I'm gonna help you." She grabbed his hand and his face completely flushed, but she thought it was just the bright red lights. They found their way through the crowd but no sign of Ned. "Have you tried texting him?" She asked.

  "There's no signal."

  "Dammit. Come on, let's try to go somewhere where there's signal." They seemed like they were going around in a circle, but then sometime later Peter said that he finally had 2 bars and stopped to text Ned.

  "Has he responded yet?" Michelle asked sometime later.

  "Ned, where are you? I'm with Michelle right now and we're trying to find you." Peter's text said.

  "Met up with an old friend. I'll try to find you guys later. Meanwhile, y'all should hang out for a bit😏." said Ned's reply.

  "Uhh, yeah. He said he met up with an old friend. He's gonna try to find us later." He replied, leaving out the last part of the text.

  "Welp, I guess it's just you and me for now." She suddenly realized that they were still holding hands. "Oh." Then she released her grip.

      The band started to play Everglow which is why it wasn't as loud and upbeat as earlier. Everyone raised their hands up high and waved it. Peter and MJ stayed where they were though. He looked at her and she senses him and looks back at him. He held out his hand, she took it and smiled.

  "This song is just plain beautiful. The lyrics make me tear up all. The. Time." She says to Peter.

  "Is it your favorite song from them?"

  "It's one of my favorites but it's not the favorite, you know?"

  "Then what is your favorite?"

  "Something Just Like This. The message behind it is simply appreciating all the little things in life. You don't really need the extravagant things like, what is stated in the song, having super-human gifts like how Spiderman can climb up walls and shoot webs." She said, making him grin. If only she knew, he thought.

  "What's your favorite, Peter?" She asked after a while.

  "Same. I love Something Just Like This too." He replied. A few seconds later, Chris, the band's vocalist, said that the next song that they're gonna play is the two's favorite song.