Photograph

Peter Parker joined the photography club this year because he wanted to be a part of the school paper. That and because he wanted to pursue his secret talent for photography. Which is why he loves to bring his camera anywhere and everywhere. Ned and Betty had been dating for a while, which is why Peter and Michelle had not been able to hang out with Ned lately. But they're really happy for him. They wondered when that'll happen to them.

  "Hey." MJ says as she settles her tray down onto the table and sits next to Peter.

  "Hey." He said, not looking at her and instead, looking at Ned and Betty laughing at something from across the cafeteria. "God, look how happy they look." He thought out loud.

  "I know." She replied, taking a bite of her sandwich. "Ned, huh? Who knew. I always thought you'd be the one to be in a relationship first amongst the three of us."

  "Really?"

  "Yeah, with the whole Liz thing. Although I had my doubts, I honestly thought you and her would've been together."

  "Well I always thought you'd be the one to be in a relationship first."

  "And why do you think that? I mean, just look at me, Pete."

  "Oh my god, would you just stop that already? You're amazing."

  "Oh please please please stop." She said, chuckling.

  "Here, let me show it to you through my eyes." He grabbed his camera and took a candid photo of her again and again, and again.

  "Please stop." She tried blocking the lens, giggling. He laughed along too.

  "Come on, just one more."

  "Oh my god, Peter." She put her face in her hands. "Please delete all of those."

  "Why?"

  "Because I look ugly!" She says, looking up at him.

  "Stop saying that about yourself. You're incredible."

  "Okay, I'mma have to stop you there before you do any more damage."

  "I'm not kidding though. You're fantastic, and I want you to know that."

  "Shut up, Peter." She blushes and smacks his shoulder as she gives a chuckle. He grins.

Despite what she had said with the photos, Peter didn't follow her instructions and kept the photos. He even edited them and made everything around MJ blurry and putting a light flare in the corner, all the while adding adjustments and filters. He didn't know exactly why he had wanted to keep her pictures, but it was just a sudden impulse from his brain.

      One day when Peter was out into the football field, he saw MJ reading a book from the bleachers. She looks really... pretty, he thought. He pulled his camera out and zoomed in on her. She grinned at something she read and he hit 'Capture', the sun creeping up behind the bleachers, catching a flare effect. Perfect, he thought as he previewed the photo.

      The student council had noticed that their school haven't had much co-curricular activities going on as of the moment. They thought of a photo exhibit, where any student with a good eye for photography could join in and submit their best photo. They started to post flyers all around the campus' walls and announced it in the PA system a bunch of times. Peter always ignored it but MJ encouraged him.

  "Oh come on," She said, showing him one of the flyers she took. "I bet you have amazing shots in that camera of yours."

  "No, just no!" He said.