The One With Ned's Girlfriend (pt. 1)

One day, Ned had told his best friend and college roommate Peter Parker about this lovely girl that he is now dating. Of course, Peter was very supportive. Ned wanted him to meet his new girlfriend.

He arranged a dinner at a fancy restaurant and all of them had to dress up formally for this. At the venue, Peter was the first to arrive. When he glanced at the entrance of the restaurant, there was Ned. His arms were interlocked with a beautiful girl's. Peter's eyes widened when he saw her. She looks like an angel, he thought.

  "Peter, this is Michelle Jones." Ned introduced him. He held out his hand and she took it.

  "Call me MJ." She told him. He couldn't bring himself to speak so he just nodded.

  "Let's take our seats?" Ned asked. Both of them nodded. He pulled out a chair for MJ and she sat down. He followed.

  "So, how did uhh.. you two meet?" Peter asked.

  "Well, we grew up together." Ned put his hand on Michelle's. "I had a crush on her since I was in 5th grade. We kinda fell apart in high school but then we rekindled and well.. here we are, dating in college."

  "That's so sweet. Wow, after all that time." Peter couldn't help but stare at MJ. She looked stunning. But of course, too much staring is dangerous. He didn't like her, right?

  "Well, love does find a way." said MJ, looking back at Ned and smiled. He smiled back. Peter suddenly felt left out and shifted onto his seat. It was so uncomfortable being a third-wheel.

      Throughout the whole meal, they just talked and talked and shared a lot of stuff. Michelle and Ned talked about their first date and all, and Ned would open up a topic about him and Peter and how they met at the start of the semester of the first year. After that, Peter went back to his dorm room and waited for Ned until he comes back from taking MJ to her dorm. As he waited, he sat on the bed, thinking about how the night had been. The image that showed up in his mind was Michelle. The oh-so-gorgeous Michelle Jones. He rubbed his eyes and shook his head. No, she's my best friend's boyfriend. It's wrong, he thought.

      The following day was a Saturday. Peter took some time off by going to the library and advance study about some stuff. As he put his earphones on and skimmed through the book titles on every aisle, he sees MJ on the other side of a shelf. He turned away from her and panicked. What do I do, what do I do?! He didn't know what to do. He walked to another shelf but suddenly,

  "Hey, Peter!" She called out. Not too loud, but just the right amount. "What're you doing here?" She asked.

  "Oh, I was just... you know..." He scratched the back of his hand and absentmindedly looked at his arm which he noticed, had been carrying a book the entire time. "I was just gonna go get a table and read up on some stuff."

  "Oh, cool! Can we.. share a table, then?" She asked. Peter had seemed to blush because of this.

  "Uhh, yeah. Sure!"

  "Great. Thanks. Just, save me a seat. I'll try to find you later." She went back to the aisles and looked for a book. Peter sighed and went to go find a table.

Oh my god, what am I supposed to do now?! He panicked. He tried calming himself down but it wouldn't work. Minutes later, he saw Michelle walking up to him and realized that there was no time left to get a hold of himself.

  "Hey!" She called after him. He smiled and gave a quick nod. "Thanks for saving me a seat, by the way. The library becomes unexpectedly full throughout the day." She said as she pulled out a seat and sat down.