Boyfriend Material

The three best friends had been talking about relationships lately. Especially the fact that every single one of their classmates is most likely in a relationship except for them. Ned shared that he had already asked out this girl named Betty.

"Hmm, I wonder why you haven't asked someone out yet, Pete." She joked, making Ned laugh. Peter took this as a slight insult.

"Hey, I know how to flirt and stuff.." His voice started to get smaller.

"Oh, really?" Ned asked.

"Really." He confidently replied.

"Well, go ask her out, then." MJ pointed at a random girl.

"Okay fine, I will." He walked up to the girl.

"Do you think he's gonna get a date tonight?" Ned asked as they watched Peter.

"I don't really know." She said. A few seconds later, Peter started to walk back to them with a frown. "Oh, oh, he's coming back."

"So, did you ask her out?" asked Ned.

"Well.." Peter rubbed the back of his neck.

"Negative." said MJ. Peter nodded.

"I think I scared her off." He quietly said, making Michelle and Ned holler with laughter. "You guys, it's not funny."

"Okay, okay," MJ said after she stopped laughing. "I'mma be completely honest here and don't be mad at me, okay?"

"Okay."

"You're just not boyfriend material, Peter."

"What.. what do you mean?" He crossed his arms.

"You don't seem to be the kind of guy that.. I don't know.. is usually in a relationship, I guess?"

"She's right, Pete."

"Well.. teach me, then."

"Teach you.. what?" MJ asked.

"How to flirt and all that. Please, Michelle?"

"Well, okay. Why not?"

"This ought to be interesting." Ned said.

"But wait, who should we test it to? You know, when he's flirting.."

"You!" Ned said, grinning.

"Oh no no no no no." She shook her head. "I don't want to be involved in that way."

"Oh come on, MJ. Please?" Peter gave her the puppy dog eyes that he knew she couldn't resist.

"Okay fine!" She groaned. "But I'll do it in one condition, though."

"And what's that?"

"You have to promise you won't fall in love with me." Silence fell. Peter blushed a bit but shrugged.

"Okay. That's not really a problem."

"Great. I'll come by to your house later and we'll start." She grabbed her bags and left.

"That's a hell of a condition, Peter."

"Well it's a good thing she doesn't know I have a crush on her, right?" Ned exhaled.

"I guess so."

***At Peter's house***

"Hey Michelle." He said once he opened the door.

"Hey." He let her in.

"So, how shall we start?" He asked.

"Uhh.. your flirting. You know Peter, you have to be more nonchalant when you ask someone out. Don't be so tense. I saw your shoulders earlier when you walked up to that girl. They looked so stiff. You should try to relax and calm down." She held his shoulders and rubbed them. He blushed. "You okay?" She asked after a while.