Elevator Incident

Peter and the rest of the Midtown Decathlon Team were in Chicago, Illinois for their next contest. They had 2 and a half days to stay there. The first was for exploring and touring around the city, second for the actual decathlon itself and the third, at around 3am-ish is when they leave.

He had planned to go to the Chicago River Architecture Cruise but before he could, he decided to take the Starbucks first. And Michelle Jones had the same thing in mind. The terrible history between these two is, however, they had gotten into a rough breakup two weeks ago after a long 8 months of being in a relationship. So throughout the whole trip, they had tried so hard to avoid each other.

      MJ walked to the elevator with a hope of everything turning out okay, from the tour she was going to attend later on, to the decathlon for tomorrow. She entered, pressing the "G" button, sighing as the doors slowly drew to a close and she realized she had the elevator all to herself... until a hand between the doors showed up.

  "Excuse me, I-" Peter started, connecting gazes with Michelle. Both of their eyes widened. He made an *ahem* and stepped into the elevator, maintaining a far distance away from her. He suddenly realized he had forgotten his phone, so he pressed the "4" button, the floor where their rooms were located. He felt for his pocket and found his phone there. Peter cursed under his breath and pressed the "G" button, in hopes of removing the "4" button on queue.

The elevator suddenly stopped. They had both cursed under their breaths.

  "Of all the people I could've been stuck with, it had to be him?! What the fuck did I do to deserve this??!" Michelle thought and weirdly enough, Peter had the exact same thought too.

      He pressed the emergency button on the elevator until a few minutes passed by. He realized nobody was coming to rescue them and called 911 on his phone instead. Twenty minutes passed and Michelle couldn't take the silence anymore. It infuriated her.

  "Well maybe if you didn't press so many buttons all at once.." She started, boiling Peter's blood.

  "Yeah okay, put the blame on me. Yeah, I'm the one who's always in the wrong here, right? Always late on our dates, was assumed of always hanging out with different girls behind your back, always-"

  "Oh we are not starting this shit now, Parker."

  "Well too late, you already started it, Jones!"

  "Listen, I just wanted to have a great-ass time away from you. And what did I get? The complete fucking opposite. The world is out to get me, I swear to god."

  Peter scoffed. "Wow, you're really out here assuming everyone's backstabbing you, huh?"

  "My whole fucking life has been a lie, Peter!" She started hysterically crying, shaking her head with every emphasis, holding her forehead as if it was going to fall off if she didn't hold it in place. "My parents aren't even my real parents, my friends from kindergarten up to 5th grade were toxic and fake and I had to put up with their bullshit for, what, 6 entire fucking years?!" She went to a corner and sat down, holding her knees close to her chest. She buried her face on her kneecaps and continued crying. "And now you too." Her voice cracked.

  Peter sighed. "Listen," He sat beside her, bearing the same position. "Let's just put everything aside, okay? We both know it's been a rough two weeks and I know that we both are tired of this bullshit."

  "Why did you even bring it up anyway?" She mellowly asked, slowly raising her head to face him.

  "Because you broke up with me for the dumbest reason. Michelle," He held her hand, and she let him. "I wasn't hanging out with any other girl. You were the only one. You've always been the only one. And, I gotta be honest, I miss you. I miss all of you. I miss it whenever I would help you cope with your personal issues, I miss it whenever your face would light up when I simply looked at you, I miss your pessimistic yet undeniably irresistable personality, I miss the stories you would tell me about when you were still young, I miss all the fun things we would do together after school when we don't have decathlon practice. I miss all of it. I know I should have moved on from all of this, but I haven't. It's so hard to, MJ. The past 8 months is probably the best time of my life. And fuck, if I could take it all back, I would."

  It took a while before she could respond back, but it only took her to say 3 words to make everything better. "I would too." A tear came out of her eye as she pulled him in by the collar and smooched him.

      The elevator abruptly fell downward, causing the two to jump up to their feet.

  "What are we gonna do?" She asked.

  "Don't worry." He pulled the right sleeve of his long-sleeved shirt up, revealing a web shooter. "I knew bringing one of these everywhere would be handy."

  "I don't think I've seen you in action in a while." MJ said. He opened the top of the elevator.  She put her arms around his neck and clinging onto him tightly in order to not fall.

  "Hold on tight." He said.

  "I remember the first time we did this, going around New York."

  "Yeah, that was like, what, 2 months into our relationship?"

  "Pretty much, yeah." Peter held Michelle tightly by the waist. He shot a string of web up to the top of the elevator shaft. The elevator suddenly descended downward, crashing and causing a loud bang that echoed throughout the shaft. A few moments later, the elevator doors were forced open by the fire fighters.

  "About time!" Peter whispered to Michelle, making her smile. The fire fighters looked curiously at the web. "Spider-Man came before you guys. Y'all know him, right?" They nodded in response and waved it off, finding a way to grab a hold of the two.

  "Dumbasses." Michelle whispered to Peter, making him laugh.