two ; hero

two ; ashton

  [3:59 p.m.] 

    I threw myself on my bed after only a few minutes of being home. It was shit being jet lagged and there was nothing else that I wanted to do but go to sleep. But of course, I didn't—at least not yet. 

    'so jet lagged but it's good to be home. now i must sleep.'

    I sent a quick tweet, but then something—or rather someone—came to mind. I typed in her name on the search bar, the feeling of temptation being bigger than my—really huge—need for sleep. The 'follows you' by her name seemed to make me smile way more than it should.

    I did a bit of creeping—I think that's what it's called—on her. Reading through her tweets, I noticed that she tweeted, like, every minute—not even joking. I'm not complaining or anything, I was just a bit bummed out that none of them were for me.

    Or so I thought.

   'thank youuuuuuu so much for the follow @Ashton5SOS'

    My mood seemed to change in half a second—it went from feeling so tired and sleepy, to suddenly feeling full of energy. The smile on my lips seemed to grow wider every second that passed, but soon it shrunk. I was now nervous and had no words to reply. I buried my head in my pillow, not knowing what to write back.

    Hi, Ellano, no that's not good. Um, you're very prettyno, she's beautiful. Okay, I'll just tell her she's beautiful, I thought to myself. Just as I was about to tweet her just that, I stopped myself. What if she thinks I'm weird, I wondered.

    "Okay, here it goes."  

    'saw your newest vid. you're really funny @itsella.'

    I smiled proudly at my reply, but it soon faded when I got no response. Well, instead of waiting for a reply, that I probably wasn't going to get, I decided to sleep.

  [5:06p.m.]

    I woke up and on instinct I checked my Twitter. As I waited for her account to load, I rubbed my eyes, which were still struggling to stay open. "Yes!" I shouted, seeing she had replied to me

   'thanks. i try. btw my friend will kill me if you don't follow her. so will you plz save my life. @Ashton5SOS ????'

    I struggled to come up with a response and it wasn't helping that I had to do so quickly. She had just tweeted me a couple minutes ago and I couldn't risk her going offline. After not much thinking, I just typed what came to mind and sent it without much thought.

    'following her would make me your hero, right?? @itsella.' 

    "Wait, come back." I coudn't help but feel nervous. "Hero? Did I just call myself her hero?" I asked myself. God, I am so stupid. It was a risky tweet, I'll admit that. What was I even thinking by calling myself her hero? I calmed down once I saw her reply.

    'i guess it does @Ashton5SOS.'

    All of the nervous feelings left me, leaving me relaxed and smiling like and idiot. 

   [11:55 p.m.] 

    "Okay, Ashton, just send it," I told myself. I watched the DM send, feeling no regret just yet.

    'hiiii ella. just wanted to tell you that i just had an ella marathon on youtube and may i say that you made my day.'

    I waited for her reply, which came in a matter of seconds.     

    'well, i try....i don't know what to say (sorry i'm awkward). um, your music makes my day too.'

    I chuckled to myself, somehow 'awkward' wouldn't make it to my top five words used to describe Ella.Yeah, okay, you caught me. I had came up with at least five words to describe her; don't judge me, I was bored. 

    The words I had came up with were beautiful (of course), hot (definitely a ten), funny, cute (yeah, guys can call girls cute, too), and hot. Okay, I know I used hot twice, but could you blame me? I mean, she is hot—Luke even said so himself—and she could slide into my DMs anytime.

    Oh, but I already slid into hers first...

     'I don't think you're awkward. i'm glad it does;)'

    Once I had realized I had sent a winky face instead of a smiley face, I felt a bit embarrassed. 

   'oopsthat was supposed to be a smiley face.'

   'ha ha, okay.'

  [2:06 a.m.]

    'Holy shit it's 2am. we've been talking for over two hours.'

    I had seemed to lose sense of time, which was weird. Feeling sorta stupid that I hadn't realized earlier, I got up to turn off the lights. I ran back to my bed, feeling anxious to continue talking to her. Once I had gotten under the covers, I unlocked my phone again.

    'lol, no. it's 9 am.'

    I couldn't help but smile at that, chuckling at her adorableness a bit.

    'Did you forget I'm in Australia?'

    'omg, yes i did. now i feel so stupid. you should go to sleep then. bye.xx'

    About to reply with a 'bye', I changed my mind. "Here it goes," I whispered.

    'I really liked talking to you. I was wondering, is it too soon to ask for your number??'

    I waited for her reply, like a kid waits for Christmas morning. Regret took over me after a while, my mind now racing with thoughts. It was too soon, you idiot. She's going to think you're coming on too strong.  

    I waited.

   And waited.

  Until, she finally replied with an 'i liked talking to you too. no, it's not too soon', her number included. Fuck yeah. I didn't want to seem desperate and all, so I waited a couple of minutes before sending her a text. 

    to ella:

    goodnight, ella. 

    Believe it or not, but I'm positive that that night I slept with a smile on my face—all because of her. 

© 2014 -ziam-

a/n: ok, this chapter took me longer that i expected it to, cuz i had to rewrite it like five times. hope you guys like it.

please vote and commet.

dedicated to @circumstance cuz she's such an amazing writer.