Chapter Four: Fear, Guilt, and Love Oh My.

Jughead and I sit in the booth at Pops as Jughead continues writing about Jason and everything happen. That was when I got the call from Betty.
"I gotta go Jug."
"Girl duties?" He laughs.
"I'll see you tomorrow Jug" He nods as I leave Pops. Betty comes down and lets me and then locks the door behind me. We walk up to her room, I just sit in her bed petting her head as it lays in my lap. She was crying again.
"He texted me, he wanted to talk"
"I can take care of him for you if you want."
"No Kat. He isn't worth it" She sighs. It didn't take long for Betty to fall asleep. I closed my eyes and tried to rest, knowing that tomorrow I would be a shit show. I wake up early with Betty's alarm. I groan as Betty Chuckles. I roll out of her bed and sit in her bay window starting a new drawing of Betty and I, the selfie we took the night of the dance, minus Veronica. Betty was sitting on her bed writing in her journal when there was a knock at the door.
"Hey , Honey?" The Coopers walk into Betty's room. I look over trying my best to blend in with the pink room though I am wearing all black. "We just wanted you to know, it's gonna be a bit of a late night for us." Hal Cooper starts
"Its going to be a lot of late nights for us. I mean, an accidental drowning who cares? But the sociopathic son of the wealthiest family in town, murdered? Thats a national obsession waiting to happen." Alice Cooper the crazy bitch speaks up next. It takes everything in me not to explode on her. Betty gives me an apologetic look.
"He is barely in his grave Alice." Hal says quietly.
"Can you warm up the car, Hal? I'll be right down." she says with a sickly sweet smile. "Betty you know what I like most about you? You always want to see the good in people. Even people like Cheryl Blossom and Veronica Lodge and Archie Andrews. And the girl that is sitting in your window."
"Sup Alice." she rolls her eyes
"But when they betrayed you this weekend, you saw their true colors, didn't you?"
"I'm right here Alice" I say sarcasm dripping from my lips.
"I did. I definitely did. For everyone except Kat, she has been there for me."
"Thank you Betty." I smile.
"Good. Now no backsliding. No Cheryl. No Veronica, and..."
"No Archie." Betty says with a proud look. I nod and get up.
"Well I have to meet Jughead. You good to walk to school Bets?"
"Yeah I'll be fine Kat thank you" I nod walking out of the Cooper house. I get to the street just in time to see my favorite Raven haired boy walking towards me.
"Damn Kat I wanted to surprise you" He laughs
"Sorry Jughead but I seriously doubt both of us being at the Cooper house in one morning is a good idea. He nods grabbing my hand.
"How is the girl next door?" He asks as we walk down the street
"She's okay, her mom wants her to drop everybody."
"Will she?"
"I'm pretty sure she is walking with Archie right now. Last night was enough I think, I think she is coming to terms with everything."
"Thats good" Jughead and I smile as we get to Riverdale High we earn a few strange looks as we walk into the building holding hands. Jughead and I walk around for a few minutes until we see Archie staring at Jason's memorial in front of his locker. I let go of Jug's hand as we get close.
"Hi" Jughead says causing Archie to jump "Do you think I can use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of PE?" I chuckle "Sorry, Coach, I'm just too depressed and freaked-out right now to do pull-ups" This time I can't contain the laugh. Even though Jason was like family Jughead makes it all feel better.
"Don't joke about Jason Blossom"
"What? Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world" Jug scoffs "Look, its the rich kids from The Goonies." He says as the football team comes down the hallway. "Alright, I'm out." He grabs my hand and starts to pull me along behind him until we reach the boys. Reggie bumps into us causing Jug to let go of my hand.
"You leave the after party early and are here with him two days later?"
"I told you Reggie, we went to the semi-formal as friends." I glare and he steps closer to me
"Watch your tone!" He growls
"You are gonna have to do a lot more than that to get me to jump Reggie." I glare at the rest of the pack "Go to hell you jock-strap" I roll my eyes and grab Juggie pulling him away from the football players. Jughead and I separate ways. I walk to the student lounge where Betty and Kevin are sitting. An announcement comes over the intercom that I only slightly listen too.